WebVR only works over HTTPS/TLS, but how do you get an exit VR button?

• OK, so one reason I was banging my head is that webvr won't start unless you run from an HTTPS server. (Recommend that there be be a diagnostic to say this.)

So now I have it (very partly) working. My partial panos display as little tiny boxes, which is some viewpoint problem, but the big problem is how do people get out of the VR? None of the buttons on the Oculus Quest do anything (except the "abort" button which lets you kill the browser)

Even in the krpano official webvr button, they do have a hotspot down by your feet with "home" in it, but that button doesn't do anything. And in the "home" (if you could somehow get to it) there is no exit button either.

So how are people supposed to exit the VR? Later, I will learn how to make more sophisticated hotspots to let people go to the next panorama as well as quit, and I would love to support zoom as well (as these are huge multires panos) but this weekend I would love to at least have it work without trapping folks in the panoramas that otherwise display OK. Like this one: https://pic.templetons.com/cgi-bin/imget?…ch.jpg&fw=50530 which shows you being in the circle around Man, just before he burns.

• Hi,

just press the back button on the controller to exit the VR mode.
    Regardless of the VR system, there is always a button for this.
    On the Oculus Quest it's the 'hamburger' button on the left controller.

But adding a exit VR hotspot would be possible of course, just call the exitvr() action from it:
    https://krpano.com/plugins/webvr/#exitvr

Btw - in your example link, your partial pano has a fisheye distortion enabled!
    I would recommend removing that (setting view.fisheye to 0.0), because when enabled the viewing range limitation to the partial pano parts will be not correct, that works only for undistorted views.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!