krpano 1.20.8 - Textured 3D Models as Depthmap

The only problem with Blender is I start it, stare at it for a minute and then shut it down again

haha.
    Maybe do some tutorials..
    Learning blender is sort of the best/a very good investment you could do at the moment, besides learning krpano custom coding.
    These two together will be / are very powerful .. for sure when Klaus has this whole 3d stuff up and running.

Also the tutorials of Michael are ok.. but for a Blender novice.. perhaps do some starter tuts.

Tuur *thumbsup*

• How do I make a sphere image a texture? If you have a tutorial, can you share it?

This really looks good.
    The only problem with Blender is I start it, stare at it for a minute and then shut it down again

Also the tutorials of Michael are ok.. but for a Blender novice.. perhaps do some starter tuts.

Try ALL the tutorial videos here from first to last step by step:
    https://der-mische.de/category/tutorial/

And here a thread:
    PanoCamAdder - Free Blender Addon

• Impressive Klaus, congrats !

Great to see that so wanted feature working so smoothly on all devices (mobile and oculus quest) !
    Next release of everpano 3D will have support for texture unwrapping, amongst other improvements so we all can enjoy this so nice feature.

• Kumon-san.

The meaning may be different.

My environment doesn't seem to matter??? *confused*

1.20.??? image

1.20.8 image

xml.

<hotspot name="text_1" type="text" capture="false"
    ath="125.1155872" atv="5"
    keep="false"
    alpha="1.0" align="center" roundedge="5 5 5 5"
    html="[p] 黄色の枠が、 [br] 当店の駐車場です [/p]" zoom="true"
    onclick=""
    />
    <layer name="text_1_u_rotate" zorder="19" keep="false" type="text"
    x="10" y="20"
    width="10" height="20" rotate="45"
    html="K"
    align="center"
    visible="true" renderer="css3d"
    onclick=""
    backgroundcolor="0xffffff"
    backgroundalpha="1.0"
    handcursor="false"
    roundedge="200 0 0 0"
    capture="false"
    parent="hotspot[text_1]"/>
    ---
    くもんさん、

当方、英語の理解度が低いので、
    意味が異なりました申し訳ありません。

私の環境でホットスポットにレイヤーを重ねることがありましたので、
    心配になって確認いたしました。
    ホットスポットの吹き出しの下部に、四角のマスを45度傾けています。
    その上に、K の文字を表示させてみました。

本を読ませて頂き勉強させて頂いております。
    少しでもお役に立つ内容であれば幸いです。

• Hi,

do you have an example for testing?
    Or at least the xml code for these hotspots?

In older versions there was an bug / unexpected behavior related to hotspot sizes, so maybe that was wrong behavior was unintentionally used...

• Quoted from "Klaus"

what are layered depth maps?

A layered depth map represents the appearance of a 3d space from a range of viewpoints, rather than just one; but a limited range, for example a sphere 1m in diameter. It is a specialized 3d model good for rendering high resolution stereoscopic views with parallax shift and occlusion, as might be seen by a stationary observer turning the head and tilting the body. Perfect for VR stills and video frames. In the context of CG rendering, the "height map" is a similar idea.

This representation consists of several overlapping partial models, each with an associated texture. Each part covers a restricted range of depths. In VR the layers will be spherical shells. The textures have alpha channels, so a view from any point in the feasible range can be rendered simply by shifting the models and alpha blending the projected textures. In principle, a simple generalization of single-depthmap, single-texture process you have already implemented.

This idea was developed 20 years ago by the Szeliski group (https://www.colinzheng.com/wp-content/dat…/ldp_cvpr07.pdf ) but not much used outside CG (http://frederikaalund.com/wp-content/upl…-Depth-Maps.pdf ) until recent progress made it feasible to create layered representations from photos. Now this is quickly becoming the preferred format for displaying 'lightfield' and '6-dof'images (https://augmentedperception.github.io/deepviewvideo/ ) (http://visual.cs.brown.edu/projects/matryodshkawebpage/ ). Several other groups have published work targeting layered depth maps. At the moment each group has a different way of packaging layered views, but clearly this can be done simply by combining existing formats and software.

It turns out that 5 or 6 layers is enough, because layers mainly encode visibility, the actual depths being attached to the model vertices. Where there is continuous depth, alpha blending gives good visual continuity because in those places the depth difference between adjacent layers is small. The total data size can be considerably less than 5 or 6 times that of a single layer representation because only the occluded areas need to be multiple. I can imagine that smart tiling and indexing might yield LDM files only about twice the size of a single-layer pano with depth map.

I look forward to being able to package 6-dof VR experiences with krpano.

Kind regards,
    Thomas

• Hi,
    The layer was created dynamically and is the code below.
    If you create it statically, there is no problem.

I would like to investigate a little more with my own hands.
    Thank you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!