krpano 1.20.8 - Textured 3D Models as Depthmap

• Hi,
    When I dynamically created a hotspot child layer, I found that the scale values worked differently depending on the version.

1.20.7The size of the child layer is determined regardless of the scale value of the parent hotspot.
    The size of the child layer follows the scale value of the parent hotspot.
    I think 1.20.7 is easier to use because the scale children attribute of the hotspot cannot be used.
    yasushi kumon

• Hello everyone

I hope to post my question in the correct section, if it is not the case do not hesitate to tell me

I have just updated Panotour Pro to KrPano version 1.20.8 and when I generate my visit with .xml file encryption, when I want to view my visit a fatal error message appears. *sad*
    If my visit is generated without encryption, it works. *squint*

I specify, for the moment test locally, no test carried out online.

In fact, I am preparing the disappearance of flash player which will take place at the end of the year and I will re-generate the visits that use flash.

In addition, a message appears when generating my visit, telling me that the Krpano version is different from the PanoTour version, this is perhaps normal.

Thank you
    Good evening to all

• Hi,

I have just updated Panotour Pro to KrPano version 1.20.8 and when I generate my visit with .xml file encryption, when I want to view my visit a fatal error message appears. *sad*
    If my visit is generated without encryption, it works.

When using the krpano Panotour Pro Update Package, then the krpano license will be used instead of the Panotour Pro license. And the encryption itself is based on the krpano license.

That means file encrypted directly by Panotour will not work in this case.
    But you can first output un-encrytped and the encrypt later using the krpano Tools (or the ENCRYPT XML droplet).
    This way you will also get smaller xml files, because the krpano encryption is using also a compression (PTP not).

In fact, I am preparing the disappearance of flash player which will take place at the end of the year and I will re-generate the visits that use flash.

Flash is already not required at all since some time. It's just a fallback-solution for older system. krpano works fine without Flash.

In addition, a message appears when generating my visit, telling me that the Krpano version is different from the PanoTour version, this is perhaps normal.

That message is build-in into Panotour and always be shown when using a different krpano version. Can be ignored.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hello everyone

Thank you Klaus for your answers *thumbsup* , it confirms what I thought.
    thank you very much *smile*
    Have a good weekend to all

• Hello everyone again

Here is following the answer of our friend Klaus, I have just done the encryption test of my .xml files only via Krpano Tools. And it turns out that it does not work correctly whether it is locally that online I explain myself, I created a description of the site of the visit and when I encrypt it, I click on the icon "i "" Petit historique "the window opens but it is empty with the title" Undefined "and the closing cross has disappeared (on the display of the map, the problem is the same with the title, but the map is displays it well). I think it is necessary to encrypt other files with but the problem, I do not know which !!

A link to the encrypt with Krpano Tool test visit:

https://www.photos-et-panoramas.fr/test/saurier/saurier.html

Another link with the old version visit:

https://www.photos-et-panoramas.fr/sph/sphauv/saurier.html

Thank you again for your help
    Good evening and good weekend to all

Edited once, last by phil85 (October 6, 2020 at 6:44 PM).

• Hi Cestmoimahdi,

Currently the object model panorama method does not support tiles. The objects are a description of vertices for a 3D model and they map to coordinates on a texture atlas that is a single image file.

Once you have baked your model face textures into a texture atlas with blender

The XML is like:

Code
    <display depthbuffer="true" />
    <scene name="textured_model_object_test" autoload="true">
    	<preview url="texture_preview.jpg" />
    	<image>
    		<sphere url="texture.jpg" />
    		<depthmap url="tourmodel.obj" rendermode="3dmodel" scale="100" textured="true" waitforload="true" />
    	</image>
    </scene>

where your model is: 'tourmodel.obj' and your texture atlas is 'texture.jpg'

• Hi odysseyjason ,
    First of all thanks for nicely explained it.

Hi Cestmoimahdi,

Currently the object model panorama method does not support tiles. The objects are a description of vertices for a 3D model and they map to coordinates on a texture atlas that is a single image file.

Once you have baked your model face textures into a texture atlas with blender

Now some new Questions in case you know
    In depthmap mood with .obj file ( i saw the code example in exmaples) is it necessary to render 3D-Model with Panoblenderaddon ?? ( Is'nt just for texture mood??)
    because i render .obj file with 3Dsmax and it doesn't show structure of my 3D-model ,even in dollhouse.

i first add pano to multires then put all tiles in panos and use the code below all like the example but nothing happened!!

Code
    <scene name="test_uv_tex_model_pano" autoload="true">		<preview url="pano/pano_preview.jpg" />		<image>			<cube url="pano/tiles/l%l_%s_%v_%h.jpg" multires="512,768,1536" />			<depthmap url="tourmodel.obj" rendermode="3dmodel" scale="100" textured="false" waitforload="true" axis="+x+y+z" center="0,0,0"/>		</image>	</scene>

and for another question, this version supporting one pano in depthmap and .obj mood?? or we can use more ?? it will find the border between panos if not how to define it with code??

Thanks a lot:)

• Hi Cestmoimahdi,

Yes, pannocamadder is only to bake the textures into a single file. You don't need it to render out if using the depthmap method.

Your code looks fine. I don't see the error there so it must be somewhere else. (maybe its with your model .obj) Can you share a link?

I do believe krpano can only support a single obj model at this time.

Jason

• Hi, I am playing with 3D model in krpano:
    https://www.virtualczech.cz/krpano3dobj1/

I hope that in near future I can build a tour where model of a castle for example will be the first scene a on it I can put hotspots leading to rooms in the castle.Like in this site made by three.js:
    http://3dcesko.cz/church-st-jiri-rip

My model in krpnao is 35MB big and would be nice to have similar percentage progress bar of loading as in 3dcesko.cz example.

I HOPE THAT KLAUS IS PREPARING ALL THOSE FEATURES FOR NEXT RELEASES. I really looking forward to such a challenge.

Marty

This an UPDATE. For now I can see only one problem long loading of the D model. I am satisfied so far . Thanks Master Klaus:
    https://www.virtualczech.cz/krpano3dobj2/

Edited once, last by martyhr (October 26, 2020 at 5:56 PM).

• Hello,
    I have a textured 3D model and I need to add fews floor hotspot to quickly navigate inside it, something like the Abu Simble tour example but without load any scene, I only want to move to the hotspot position when I click on it.
    I had a look at the Abu Simbel tour.xml and I've tried to set the transition action in my tour without luck, any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

• Hello,
    I have a textured 3D model and I need to add fews floor hotspot to quickly navigate inside it, something like the Abu Simble tour example but without load any scene, I only want to move to the hotspot position when I click on it.
    I had a look at the Abu Simbel tour.xml and I've tried to set the transition action in my tour without luck, any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

Hi, try installing in the hotspot depthbuffer="true"

• Hi, try installing in the hotspot depthbuffer="true"

Hi San7,
    thank you for your reply, this is my hotspot setting, what I need is just replace in the "transition_1" action the "tour_loadscene(scene_name)" with something like "move to the hotspot position", I'm not good at coding :)
    Thank you.

<style name="hotspot"
    zoom="true"
    capture="false"
    depth="0"
    depthbuffer="true"
    alpha="0"
    zorder="3"
    enabled="false"
    onloaded="delayedcall(calc(customtransitiontime !== null ? (customtransitiontime+0.5) : 0.5), tween(alpha,0.5,0.3,default,set(enabled,true)); );"
    onover="tween(alpha,0.7);"
    onout="tween(alpha,0.5);"
    />

<hotspot name="spot_1" style="hotspot" url="hotspot_l.png" scale="0.1" rotate="90" tx="-100" ty="-20" tz="400"
    onclick="transition_1();" />

<action name="transition_1">
    set(customtransitiontime, 4.0);
    set(customtransition,
    webvr_lookto(180.0, 0.0, 2.0, easeinsine);
    tween(view.tx|view.ty|view.tz, -450|0|730, 2.0, easeinsine,
    tween(view.tx|view.ty|view.tz, calc(image.ox + '|' + image.oy + '|' + image.oz), 2.0, easeinoutsine);
    );
    );
    tour_loadscene(scene_name);
    </action>

• Can anybody explain me the difference between Blender solution and Everpano? Shortly?

Will I be able to insert to my future tours some 3d objects as they are presented on Sketchfab.com ??
    Marty

everpano projects the nearest texture over a simple low poly geometry
    krpano texture 3d models use only ONE texture as a typical 3d model

• […]

there are two blocks you need to add:

<!-- BUTTONS -->
    <!-- the style for the button -->

<style name="infospot" keep="true" type="text"
    html="test" css="font-size:30px;text-align:center;" vcenter="true"
    width="70" height="70" scale="0.1"
    bgroundedge="36" bgborder="2 0x000000 1" bgshadow="0 0 5 0xFFFFFF 1.0"
    oversampling="2" mipmapping="true" depth="0" depthbuffer="true" zorder="2"
    zoom="true" torigin="world"
    autoalpha="true" alpha="0.0"
    onloaded.addevent="delayedcall(1,tween(alpha,0.5));"
    onover.addevent="tween(scale,0.23,0.2,easeoutback); tween(alpha,0.7);"
    onout.addevent="if(enabled, tween(scale,0.2,0.2); tween(alpha,0.5); )"
    onclick.addevent="dollhouse_off();"
    />

<!-- the the button itself where txyz are the 3d coordinates for the hotspot -->

<hotspot name="abu_simbel_18_info1" style="infospot"
    tx="0" ty="-50" tz="100"
    onclick="show_info_text(abu_simbel_18, abu_simbel_18_infotext1, +31,-224,-2, 267,0,110);"
    />

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!