Depthmap Panorama Rotation in (experimental) 1.20.8

• Hi!

I try to fit a panorama to a model.obj

Model-origin and panorama-location are at different locations. This is no problem, depthmap.center works very well here! *thumbsup*
    But I have to rotate the panorama a bit, to fit it to the model.

It is possibble yet?

I have tried "image.prealign", but it rotates the panorama AND the model.

Any suggestions?

• Hi, I have a similar problem.I am doing some tests with a 3d model and a few cubic images.

The cubic images do not have the same orientation so I have aligned them with prealign.
    But in my case, the 3d model should keep the same orientation (zero rotation) for all the images. However, that is not the case and the 3d model is affected by the prealign orientation of the image.
    It makes sense that a "depthmap" depthmap is affected by the prealign orientation of the image, but it is debatable in the case a of 3d model.

So, in addition of an extra 3 axis orientation parameter for the depthmap, it could really be useful to also have a flag to ignore the parent image's prealign. It could be false by default for a "depthmap" and true for a "3dmodel".

• After a bit of experiments, I think it cold also be useful to have a flag on the 3dmodel deathmap to ignore the position offset (ox, oy, oz) of the parent image
    In my case, the model coords are relative to the world space, not relative to the image's coords. This also allows to have only one model for all the scenes.
    I looked at the depthmap exemples in the doc, most notably abu simbel and gravina appartment, and in both there is custom model, rotated and translated, for each image. In the case of the gravina appartment, the model's mesh seems identical for each image, but in abu simbel's case, there seems to be some occlusion culling optimization for each image viewpoint.
    I don't know how the all the models were built, but I think it would be easier to create the different models if they can ignore the parent image position and rotation
    Cheers
    Mathieu

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!