Making hotspots the same angular size in different devices

• (A second question in a new thread)

I have made a menu of hotspots to let people pick the next panorama tour they want to take. The hotspots contain both a thumbnail and text. However, they vary greatly in size when viewed on a desktop, on a phone, in a VR player in browser mode and in VR mode. I would like to find the recommended way to make them maintain the same angular size (in degrees.) The hotspot.width parameter is in pixels or a portion of the field of view.

At present I am putting the hotspots in a grid, space 15 degrees apart, with several rows and columns. As such each text box and thumbnail should ideally be, for example, about 13 degrees wide if they were to fit nicely in the grid and look roughly the same on all the devices.

Thoughts on the best way to do this? Even just trying to code it for VR I see that the different resolution of VR devices means that a fixed pixel width is not going to cut it. One could calculate how many degrees wide the view is and insert a fraction of that, but that requires actions rewriting all the hotspots which is not idea. Other thoughts?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!