krpano 1.20.9 - New MAKE VTOUR Droplet, Panotype-Editor, Leveling, Chroma-Key/Transparent-Videos, Updates for macOS Big Sur and iOS 14

• Will it be possible to get the chroma key and/or side by side alpha for videos working on full 360 videos, and not just on hotspot videos?

That way we can have a traditional "static" pano at high quality, and overlay a lower res video with moving parts, masked out so it looks like things are moving around on the static pano...

Hi,

Good idea, thanks!
    I've added that as feature request!
    Will be there with one of the next releases.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

so it looks like things are moving around on the static pano...

this is already possible as side effect with the 'moving hotspots' for 360 video...
    I try to make a little example..

But when Klaus adds this great feature request, which has been asked for a few times over the years already i think to remember, will give also other possibilities.
    Not sure about the resolution / result in that case.
    Obviously it depends on how many things you want to move and the effect you want.. and so.. which will be the best option.

Klaus
    .. mm.. so it will be possible, in the future, to have a multires pano and have a 360 video over it at the same time.. can we also turn the two separately then?
    I try to imagine .. haha..

Tuur *thumbsup*

• Hi,

Klaus
    .. mm.. so it will be possible, in the future, to have a multires pano and have a 360 video over it at the same time.. can we also turn the two separately then?

My current idea for supporting that is using a kind of geometry="sphere" setting (or something similar) for hotspots. Then a sphere instead of a plane as 3d-geometry object will be used for rendering the hotspot.

That would allow using the current hotspot rendering and all the possibility that the hotspots already provide, e.g. the Chroma-key rendering, the 3d-position controls and the usage of the videoplayer plugin as image source.

That should be easy to implement, beside of the APIs itself 'only' additional visibility checks and the hit-testing should be necessary to be added (the difficulty will be surely in the details ;-)). And that solution would also provide a lot of user custom control.

I'm currently extremely busy with other development topics, but that's on my list now and will come with one of the next releases.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus, hi to everyone.
    For a new project in 1.20.9 I was facing a problem with tweening the hotspot depth (onover, onout) only when viewing in mobilevr. (Fake-VR at the desktop is doing fine, but when I view the tour in mobilevr (oculus etc) hotspots are not tweening anymore). After looking for mistakes in my code for two days, I found out, that this is a difference between 1.20.8 and 1.20.9. So I made two basic tours, one in 1.20.8 with droplet and tools, one in 1.20.9 with the new v-tour droplet and tools. If I view it in mobilevr-browser, hotspots in 1.20.8 are tweening, 1.20.9 are not.
    Here the examples:
    https://test.argum.pictures/8
    https://test.argum.pictures/9
    The question is, if it is a feature or a bug, and if it is not a bug, is there any way to make my hotspots tween the depth again?
    Thanks for your help....

Edited 2 times, last by Teinberger (January 29, 2021 at 1:42 PM).

• for me, a use case would be have a static high res pano, but the sky has moving clouds from an alpha 360 video. Also, if for example the pano is en empty parking lot at a shopping centre or similar, I can have that static highres, and then 1 or 2 cars drive across the site in form of alpha 360 video. Hotpsots are usually smaller and dont cover the entire 360, therefore my question about full 360 video with alpha.

• Hmm, VR mode does not seem to work in the Oculus browser and Oculus Quest (again). Is this a general problem or am I doing something wrong?
    I guess it wont be a bug of krpano, but once again Oculus who have created a mess. As before when there where problems with the Oculus broweser everything is working fine in the Firefox Reality browser.

• Hi,

about HTTP/HTTPS - in the Oculus Browser the WebXR-API is only available with HTTPS.
    In older browser versions there was also the WebVR-API available and that one worked with also HTTP, but that has been removed now.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• *g* Hello Klaus. Is there any news on the new version of krpano? *rolleyes*

And I'm very interested in the ability to use one tour model when loading new tour scenes, instead of loading a separate model for each scene.

Thanks for the answer.

• Hi,

Hello Klaus. Is there any news on the new version of krpano?

Sorry for the delay! For the next krpano release the whole internal layer and hotspot system has been rewritten - for more possibilities, features and better performance - and especially that part had taken way more time than first planed (but therefore also provide more then first planned). There will be an update here once finally ready of course.

And I'm very interested in the ability to use one tour model when loading new tour scenes, instead of loading a separate model for each scene.

Can you please explain your usage case more detailed and what's your aim with it? Using the same model is basically already possible when using different depthmap.center settings.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• And I'm very interested in the ability to use one tour model when loading new tour scenes, instead of loading a separate model for each scene.
    Can you please explain your usage case more detailed and what's your aim with it? Using the same model is basically already possible when using different depthmap.center settings.

In my projects, I create one general model in which there are all rooms with all points. And I would like to use this model in all scenes. As far as I know, when loading a new scene, a new model is loaded with its center, which is already indicated in the model itself.

This is how I use the model on tour:

Code
    <image style="style_p1">
          <cube url="panos/p1.tiles/pano_%s.jpg" />
          <depthmap url="panos/p1.tiles/p1.stl" style="style_depthmap" />
    </image>

And with this option, I have to create as many models as there are scenes in the tour, in which their model centers are set. These centers correspond to points in the scenes in the model.
    This all leads to the fact that a copy of the same model with different centers is loaded curtainly.

So I wanted to find out or wait for the opportunity to use only one model and change only the point of view when changing the scene.
    I hope I explained it clearly?)

• When only the center is different, you can use the same model and change only the depthmap center setting:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#depthmap.center

E.g.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!