• Hi,

that's a bad combination of several things:

• Without zoom=true or distorted=true the size of a hotspot depends on the screen-resolution in 'viewport' pixels (e.g. an iPhone 10 has 375x812 viewport pixels).
    • This applies also to hotspots MobileVR mode (=browsers/mobiles without WebVR/WebXR API).
    • Because as un-distorted screen-based hotspots are looking and working very bad in VR (they seem to rotate because the screen is flat and the VR not), krpano offers a special hotspot rendering mode for such flat hotspots in VR, which is enabled by default - please see here:
      https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#display.hotspotvrrendering
    • With that hotspot VR rendering mode, the hotspot get rendered as distorted hotspot (and so they get also the depth setting, which wouldn't apply to non-zoomed hotspot), but the hotspots still keep their size relative to the screen-size.

Solutions:

• Don't use screen-based hotspots (that means without zoom=true or distorted=true) for VR.
    • Additionally - I'm already considering always using a fixed 'base'-screen-resolution (e.g. 2000x1000) for MobileVR mode to be independent of the real screen-size.
    Zitat

And on mobile in VR hit area is larger than text hotpots...

No, that just seems so because of the stereo-rendering, compare the left and right eyes, the hit-testing itself is done in 'mono', in a VR headset it will look correct.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

before 1.20 the mobile-vr mode was completely(!) different and using the view-fisheye-lens distortion for the 'VR lens' distortion. This was inaccurate and had a lot other problems because the that kind distortion couldn't be applied to all required rendering cases, especially when using free 3d-placed hotspots.

Now the mobile-vr rendering works the same as the real WebVR/WebXR mode by rendering first to a framebuffer and then applying the VR-lens distortion. The only remaining problem in this case is that the non-distorted/non-zoomed hotspots are still based on the actual screen/window-size and the rendering itself is based a physical-based screen size (the device screen size set or detect in MobileVR mode).

With the next krpano release this problem should be fixed automatically.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Ok I got it, thx for the explanations Klaus.

Trying to find a workaround as I don't want hotspots to be distorted or zoom enabled in non-vr mode I tried

zoom="calc:webvr.isenabled == true ? true : false"
    and
    zoom="calc:webvr.isenabled ? true : false"

with no success, is my syntax wrong ?

• The 'calc:' in attributes works only once during xml parsing.

Here a workaround:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!