[SOLVED] Image Hotspot Created Using the HUGIN CROPPING Method Not Displaying

• I have used the HUGIN CROPPING Method several times to produce pixel perfect image alignment and even video alignment. It works great.
    The issue I am having is the first time we have encountered this.
    Due to the position and size of the image we want to overlay on the pano, the image exported from HUGIN is 5756 x 779 pixels.
    This is the code we are using to display it:

Code
    <hotspot name="hotspotRoomAPhoto"
                 	url="%VIEWER%/images/tour/room_a/photo.jpg" 
                 	edge="center"  
                 	zoom="true" 
        			 distorted="true"
        			 enabled="true" visible="true"
        			 onloaded="calculatePositionFromHuginHfovYawPitchRoll(259, 0, 0, 0);" />

When we look at the pano in our application the above hotspot DOES NOT display at all.
    However, if I remove the onloaded action the hotspot DOES display (not in the correct orientation obviously - but it does display)?
    Does anybody see an issue with this? Is there a max size or something that cannot be exceeded?
    I am at a complete loss.Thank you!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mclmki (5. Dezember 2020 um 00:40)

• Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, the "calculatePositionFromHuginHfovYawPitchRoll" function is the same one from the link. I just renamed it to conform to our company's camel-case naming convention.

The project that I am working on is a cient project, and I am not sure I have permission to post publicly. I will look into that if I can.

We are using a couple other pixel-perfect hotspot images and videos in the same project and they all work flawlessly.

The extracted image from Hugin is much smaller and squarer on the ones that are working.

This particular one in question that is not working, is very wide and skinny. When I change projection to "rectilinear" Hugins gave me a warning that said "For a very wide panorama try using equirectnagular projection instead." I then chose "equirectnagular" and Hugs gave me warning saying "try setting the panorama prjection to cylindrical to preserver vertical lines."

Again, this one, due to the position of the computer monitor within the pano that we want to align a video on, the exported image is 5756 x 779.

And the hfov yaw pitch and roll are 259, 0, 0, 0.

With the call to calculatePositionFromHuginHfovYawPitchRoll the hotspot completely disapears. With the call to calculatePositionFromHuginHfovYawPitchRoll removed the hotspot appears but is in the wrong position.

Thanks!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von mclmki (4. Dezember 2020 um 17:39)

• I SOLVED IT!

So, I don't really know why it was not working. But...

Within Hugin, I used the MOVE/DRAG tab to center the area of the pano that I needed to extract. By doing that, I was able to use the vertical and horizontal sliders to make the image MUCH smaller than the original.

This produced a much smaller image and it also produced a much smaller hfov value.

Using the new image and plugging in the new hfov yaw pitch and roll values made it work! Same code. Just new image and values.

I am not sure, but this leads me to believe that there is either an image size limit or something odd with very large hfov values.

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!