Horizontal mirror settings for makepano

• Hi,
    The maketiles command has an horizontal mirror flag (-hmirror), but the makepano command does not have a config option for it.
    I was wondering how to disable the horizontal mirroring of my input images (cubic faces strip).
    I found that by default, cubic faces strip (1 images with ratio 6:1) with are mirrored but separate cubics faces (6 images with suffixes _u, _d, etc.) are not mirrored.
    This is surprising and it does not seems to be documented.
    In the end, this was fortunate because instead of mirroring my source images, all I had to do was split them in separates images. But having a parameter to control the mirroring whould be easier.

Thanks
    edit: I am using krpano 1.20.9

• Hi,

it depends:
    - krpano detect the cube-strip face arrangement by analyzing the image content and by looking/testing how the cube-faces might be connected
    - additionally krpano tests for 4 different typical and common arrangements: the default krpano one, from PPAN files, from VRAY output and Autodesk output
    - and there VRAY one is a special one, there the images were horizontally mirrored
    - so when krpano detects that arrangement, it mirrors the result horizontally

That means your cube-strip images are unfortunately using the same layout as VRAY, but without mirroring.

What software have you used to build these cube-strip images?

Currently that mirroring is not disable-able, but I can add a setting for the next releases.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Yes, supporting crossmaps makes no sense in the case of krpano.
    I did not chose this layout because I did not find it in the docs. I only found "the cube-face order and alignment will be auto-detected by image-content analyzing" in the makepano command help

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!