• hi,

I've been experimenting depthmaps with relative success but nothing to be proud of yet :)

I think i'm giving it another go soon so i get a bit of 6dof and 3d transitions

Is there a nice way to limit the translation so you do not pass the walls or load automatically another scene that would be better for those coordinates or assemble a big 3d model (which might be heavier to process and see)

i've tried depthmap generation from stereophotomaker and deep360 auto depth generation and getting some "ok" results but now i'd like to see them
    must dig deeper into blender :)

will try the stl too since i think it is more performant for regular 360 panos

thank you all

• hello, when the support for depth maps only appeared, I also asked this question.
    There were many options for implementing restrictions on passing through the walls on the tour. One of them was implemented for me as a working prototype. But so far postponed until better times)
    Recently I again had a question about the implementation of this functionality, since I make free movement around the tour on WASD with automatic loading of the nearest panorama.

• hi,
    i re-asked again but for more specific english terms i just try to find and i don't get results (or at least the ones i want) :)

do you have the link for the posts?

as for loading new scene automatically->
    did you made a plugin or do you have a live example for loading nearest photos?
    i'm yet to see how tx, ty, tz behaves while switching scene... my guess is that they turn to 0 after loading a scene so passing from one scene to another would be (if only tx is changing)
    0tx to 10tx loadscene -10tx to 0tx or something like this

when i my brain gets a bit fried is that you should load the next scene like walking from 1 scene to the other and than can happen in a multitude of 3d paths

as for 3d space limitation->
    i guess stl limits are out of the solution :( . it would be a great automatic way to do it

thank you for your reply

• on automatic loading of the nearest scene: I have a working prototype that is included in my navigation plugin that I use in my tours. I don’t have links to a tour where free movement with auto loading of the nearest scenes is used, since I still need to fix some errors.
    And the logic is very simple: I keep track of the distance from the current position of the viewer in the tour model to all the nearest scenes in 3D space, I use trigonometry)))
    I plan to finish writing the implementation of free movement and publish it when the issue of limiting movement through the scene is resolved. and maybe even earlier)

• Not limiting walking through walls, but for loading scenes relative to „camera“ position, for example in a small room with 3 scenes (left, middle, right) on the same level (ty = floor level = always the same), you could just add a helper event and adjust the tz-"limits" working with your room (and even add more conditions with tx if needed) like this:

For easy limit finding:

Code
    <events ondoubleclick="trace('tx: ', get(view.tx), ' ty: ',get(view.ty),' tz: ',get(view.tz));" />

Without the BLEND action you will notice some visual jumping, thats why I put 0.01. Probably there is better solutions, for me it works and I'm looking forward to 1.21 *thumbsup*

Edited once, last by loki (December 15, 2021 at 7:21 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!