You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, May 15th 2021, 2:47pm

Hi Mische, Thank You for checking it and providing the video tutorial (and on a Saturday!) It's extremely helpful to see the techniques you use to build a room from nothing. Since I'm not very familiar with Blender, I was hoping to be able to use the pre-modeled rooms as I have a number of them already provided to me (in OBJ format) and I don't want to recreate all from scratch. Your tutorial gave me a couple clues which have proved extremely useful :
1) the model I provided had a 90 degree rotation which had not been "applied"

2) I had the room origin set to the center of the model, not on XY plane
I'm assuming one or both of these points were important as I've been able to export a model which *almost* fits. After hacking around with tour.xml values for "prealign" and "center" in the depthmap definition, it's really close.

I believe the actual problem is where I've placed the panocam - if it's not in the exact same place as the actual real world cam, then the exported model won't match the original pan file. Do you have any tricks for how to determine/place the panocam to match real world?
Thanks again! Scott

Mische

Trainee

• "Mische" started this thread

Saturday, May 15th 2021, 5:51pm

I believe the actual problem is where I've placed the panocam - if it's not in the exact same place as the actual real world cam, then the exported model won't match the original pan file. Do you have any tricks for how to determine/place the panocam to match real world?

Yes, preparing for krpano works only with well placed PanoCams:

• Delete the UV material
  • Add a new PanoCam
  • Apply the new Pano material to the model
  • Move and rotate the Pano_HANDLE until the panorama fits to the model

Screencast

Monday, May 17th 2021, 4:22am

Yes, preparing for krpano works only with well placed PanoCams:

• Delete the UV material
  • Add a new PanoCam
  • Apply the new Pano material to the model
  • Move and rotate the Pano_HANDLE until the panorama fits to the model

Screencast

OMG, exactly what I needed - would never have figured that out on my own so thank you for providing the video! I've followed it and getting much better results. Have just purchased an additional version of PanoCamAdder+ ;)

<<<<EDIT - have moved my question about refreshing the model to its own post in Depthmap Support >>>

Thanks again Mische! Cheers, Scott
** can anyone explain why oy and oz axes seem to be transposed? In my model, oy changes height and oz changes front/back values

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "bitbyter" (May 18th 2021, 3:54pm)

Mische

Trainee

Monday, May 17th 2021, 5:12pm

Thanks! *smile*
Glad to hear that it was helpful!

can anyone explain why oy and oz axes seem to be transposed? In my model, oy changes height and oz changes front/back values

About the axis:
There is no norm defined.. Means: Every 3D application uses different orientations.

Best regards!

Thursday, May 20th 2021, 9:19pm

Rrrrrrrrr! Is it just me???

Sorry to bug you again Mische, but I've followed your video example with another model and still can't figure out why "Make Export Ready" button rotates the model on its side (and therefore distorts my new skin). I've made a short video to show that there are no outstanding translations on model, cam, or cam handle but clicking the button results in weird translation. Is there anything else I need to do to get ready for export? *confused* *confused* *confused*

https://youtu.be/qLgS3r0QwdA
Cheers, Scott

Mische

Trainee

Friday, May 21st 2021, 10:57am

Hmm.. I can't figure out what's going on in your video.
Can you please send me (wetransfer) your blend-file + equi?
(ehcsimred[at]web.de)

Best regards!

Mische

Trainee

Friday, May 21st 2021, 2:42pm

Hi Scott!

Thanks for sending your sample files!
..there went something wrong in your workflow. Do not apply any location or rotation values!

Please send me two OBJs + equis, if you like. I will try to find an easy workflow and can show a screencast.

Best regards!

Mische

Trainee

Friday, May 21st 2021, 7:04pm

Hi!

You are right, it is the given model-rotation. Sorry I never have had this case before.

Please apply the rotation for the model only(!), before pressing 'Make Exportready'.

Screencast

I will fix it for the next release.
Thanks again for the example files!

Best regards

Sunday, May 23rd 2021, 4:11pm

Thanks Mische, that helped! Slowly getting the hang of it! Cheers, Scott

Mische

Trainee

Sunday, May 23rd 2021, 6:58pm

PanoCamAdder+1.3

New version, two small improvements:
  • 'Make Exportready' operator improvement: Now you can use it for imported models, too.
  • Better image hotspot code. Correct pixel size; works with any image type.

But attention! The new image-hotspot function needs two simple settings for the 'Import Images As Planes' addon:
Plane Dimensions = Dots/BU
Definition = 50.0

Sounds complicated? No! Just two more klicks ;-)

Here is a QuickTutorial

The update is for free, you should have recieved an email.

Happy blending! *smile*

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mische" (May 23rd 2021, 9:17pm)

Wednesday, May 26th 2021, 3:07pm

Excellent update !! Can you share the files for this tutorial? thanks ;-)

Best

panoyun

Trainee

Thursday, June 3rd 2021, 9:25am

bought *smile*