Auto conversion from Flash

• Hi Klaus, all the best to a healthy, happy and prosperous 2021.

As we exit 2020 Flash is all but over - I know has been for years - but now it pretty much official as no major OS will support it in 2021.

I assume like a lot of other early 360 photographers and users of KRPano we may have a lot of old 360's that were built on Flash as the default or even only option.

While I have figured out a few ways to move these to no Flash, it would be great if there was a tool to do this in batch, basically automatically.

One way to convert old Flash based 360's is to simply run the existing cube faces thru KRPano and change the HTML from old to new. However in the tour I did this to, which included a opening graphic, for some reason showed lines in the first 360 that appeared to show what the cubefaces.
    Anyway, I know such a conversion program would probably open a can of worms in issues based on Flash, older versions of OS and KRPano.
    Just a thought.
    Best Regards to you and your family,
    Happy New Year!
    Robert

• Hi,

normally it should not necessary to 'convert' anything, the krpano Flash viewer and the krpano HTML5 viewer are sharing the resources - the xml, the images and so on.

For very very old tours it can be necessary to modify/update html embedding code and maybe also to adopt the xml code when it was using Flash-only features, but that would need to be done manually.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks Klaus,

I understand, I was one of those very, very early adopters to 360's - back to 1999 - probably one of a few - some of my best tours were done then. Things are very different now as it's become pretty easy to produce 360's, pretty much as easy to take a still photo.

Thank you for all you have done and still do to move this media forward.

As always, simply best regards.
    Robert

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!