Should I switch from ForgeJS?

• Hey guys, I just discovered krpano and have a few short questions I wasn't able to find answers for on the forum, googling and such. Sorry if I've missed one somewhere on the road, invested a good part of an afternoon :) Anyway:

I'm a newbie in the world of pano tours and have shot the footage to now figure out how to achieve what I'm looking for:

A tour with multiple 360° pictures that are not quite 360 (drone). The panos are connected with hotspots. Upon clicking the hotspot, the user - that is at least what I hope is possible - will see a smooth transition to a video clip (drone flying to the next spot) and when the clip ends, another smooth transition brings up the according next pano. I would like to show on the panos cool figures, stats and graphs as overlays...

I fiddled around for the past weeks (occassionally) with forgejs and got tired of bumping back and forth on a way too long and inconvenient configuration.json. It didn't help that I don't really know anything about JS... just trying to learn whatever tools are necessary to achieve what I'm looking for - as always in my case: Learning by doing :)

To turn my not quite 360 degree panos (missing the upper part of the sky) into actual 360 files i simply filled the empty space with blackness. Is it possible to limit the viewers camera movement to the actual photo and make sure, he doesn't see the blackness up there (that was easy on forgejs, just asking because I couldnt find an example)?

Is it possible to load a "normal" 4:3 drone clip upon clicking on a hotspot and load the next pano after the clip ended (seems possible with forgejs but couldnt figure it out due to lack of knowledge of JS)?

Is it possible to do some background preloading to avoid loading times for the user and make the experience as smooth as possible?

is it possible to use blending methods between clip and pano and if so, are there multiple options?

I was super impressed by a few photographers krpanos that don't show any deterioration of picture quality towards the edges as I've experienced it with ForgeJS. Is this easy to achieve?

Then I would like to show cool numbers, graphics, stats as overlays. I was only able to find a plugin that does give some flexibility with text styles. Is more possible?

There are tons of options and details I discovered on examples, demos and your own work that do show what cool things are possible with krpano. So cool! No questions yet about those things :) Although last but not least: Is the interface easy to learn and handle? Do you think my plan is realizable without actual coding experience? As I've mentioned... I'm able to fiddle here and there a little bit with good existing code... as soon as I have to piece together pieces of code though or - god forbid - write it myself, I'm screwed :)

I know there is a free test version, I just figured after investing so many hours into forgejs, I might ask you guys before starting the next potentially costly adventure :)

Sorry for the long post, would be very grateful for any kind of answer.

Stay safe, have a happy new year!

best, mike

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!