Forcing an old tour (2014) to play in HTML5

• Hello,

We've got an old tour that is not playing anymore since Flash plugin has been disable. We don't have the sources for this one.

I tried to force html5:"only" in the main page code but it still asks for the Flash plugin (Adobe Flash Player 9/10 or higher needed) or I get a 404 error when launched through the Testing Server.

krpano.js file says "krpano 1.0.8.14" and main XML file is crippled...

Is there a way to check if it's using SWF only properties (I can play the tour perfectly by launching the SWF file, I still have the FlashPlayer exe on my machine).

Are there files to replace or edits in code to force HTML5 playback ?

Thanks

• Hi,

version 1.0.8.14 is way too old for HTML5 usage!

Basically updating krpano would be possible by updating or replacing the krpano viewer and plugin files and if required by updating the html embedding code. The xml files and images can be typically kept as they are.

With the 'XML file is crippled' you mean the xml is encrypted?
    This can be a problem when you haven't build the tour yourself with your own krpano license (according to 'We've got an old tour').

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,

Thanks for your answer.

Sorry, I actually meant "encrypted" as you figured it out.

So the first step is replacing all viewer files and plugins with new ones.

I'll have a look and let you know.

Thanks

• I tried to use the Update Tool from KrpanoTools (registered with our licence) on those files. It says "Embedded data... like the license information... will be left unchanged" but I get a "xml parsing failed!" after update

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!