• i am assuming anything created with action script 2 will not work correct? I created a fire effect swf file from a tutotrial on the internet, however it uses actions script 2 to simulate the fire. When I place this as a hotspot in a 360 it will not stay put. I set the ath and atv and when panning the hotspot moves all around the screen. If i leave everything except the url and point that to a small white sparkle effect I also use it works perfect. the hotspot stays put. change it back to the fire.swf and it goes nuts again. only difference how the swf was created. even if that is the problem why is it a problem? i would think that once everything is "packaged" into the swf file whats inside should not matter.

am I on the right track here?

• Hi VN2009,

I'm not sure about the problem you're descripting, maybe a link could help.

In general, it's possible to integrate AS2 in AS3 by loading a AS2 swf, but :

- you cannot interact natively with the two SWF (there are on two different virtual machines)
    - you can make the two SWF talking with LocalConnection class

After, when you are loading a SWF in another SWF you *never* know how it's going to interact. For instance, the loaded SWF can use the stage to resize itseft, or the root, or ...

• Nelk I attached the source and the swf file. if you would like to try to stick that fire into a 360 as a hotspot you will see what i mean. i take no credit for this fire or the code i simply followed a tutorial online. it just attaches the same movies clip to the stage 100 times at random points but uses AS2 to do so. I jsut cant figure out why this swf behaves differently than every other hotspot. the only thing i can be is the AS2.

if you do test this let me know what you find.

• Here is a quick port of the code in AS3,

... it doesn't seems to work in krPano ... but I don't have to look more in depth right now

Hi,

the problem is the access to the "stage" object here:

Code
    t.x = Math.random()*(50+stage.stageWidth/2-25);

this is only possible after the ADDED_TO_STAGE event,

e.g. here the changed code (but untested)

best regards,
    Klaus

• finally tested this. by adding that line of code the swf does play now without error in flash and IE. however when loaded into krpano the plugin does not show up. i get no error loading so it is being found and loaded i just cant see it.

any ideas?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!