Pano video example issues

• Hi everyone,

Trust me, I tryed... I tryed for many hours and in countless ways. But I can't seem to get the pano video example to work.
    I am a beginner but I have used krpano many times for V-tours and in some occasions videos. I even mastered Alexandrs Hotspot plugin. So I have some knowlage of xlm and referencing files. I though I was finally able to get the panovideo example to work. But alas... I'm failing.

Please check out my link: http://awayin.to/Virtual_Tours/uc360_web_video/index.html

You see that I kept the videopano.xml completly intact to show that just installing the example does not work. I tryed many alterations of this example and of old (video)tours to get my video to play. But I started over so many times that I thought the best example should be your example.
    I made sure that xml files are in the right places webvr.xml in "viewer/plugins" and videointerface in "skins" but I don't know if videopano.xml should be in the root like "tour.xml" normally is the target of index.html.

Also I downloaded the index.html from the example page in order to customise it for myself. It's very empty so I tryed sevral different ways to set it up but never got it working... There are so many things to try, and I have tryed a lot of them...

But I really need a bit more guidance installing then https://krpano.com/examples/?panovideo provides. I should really be able to work it out and I have tryed my best. I don't need a fancy player or many features. Just a starting point like the example. Is there any more installation/tutorial I can use to get the videopano.xml to work?

I hope I missed a nice starter tutorial section on the forum or a nice krpano coder youtube channel or something. Any help would be greatly appriciated. I REALLY WANT THIS *love*

Thanks in advance,

Lolo

Edited once, last by lolo2k (February 3, 2021 at 11:39 PM).

• Hi,

in your xml replace the whole 'add_video_sources' <action> with something like this:

Code
    <action name="add_video_sources" >
      videointerface_addsource('video', 'myvideo.mp4');
      videointerface_play('video');
    </action>

And instead of 'myvideo.mp4' enter the file-name or url of your video-file.

Btw - your current example is not working because it is just a copy of the original krpano example and uses the video files from the krpano server - and access to these files is not allowed from external.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks for the quick feedback. I will work on it later today.
    I want to give some of my own. And please don't see it as critisism as I have learned a lot during the frustration yesterday and the day before.
    BUT why would you put copyrighted or limited distribution footage in an example? I removed the if statement: if(browser.domain == 'krpano.com',
    thinking that would make the footage work but I should have know this is not the case. Still I though "They would not make my life as a beginner hard by creating an example that doesn't work because of the included video..." I really wonder why you choose to do that. I can create similar footage with my Mavic/Qoocam combo that would be free to copy/use commercially. It would be an honor and that would solve this crippeling element from your example.

As said before, I hope not to offend because I love your community and great support.

Kind regards,

lolo

• Hi,

BUT why would you put copyrighted or limited distribution footage in an example?

This is a misunderstanding, the files are freely available, but theses video files are huge and have real server-costs (bandwidth and money) when getting loaded many times.

In detail:

All examples from the download packages are also directly available online here on the krpano page:
    https://krpano.com/examples/?panovideo

And when running online then more, longer and higher-resolution demo-videos are used than when running offline or on another domain.
    The download package itself only includes a small and low-res demo-video to keep the size of the download package as small as possible.

And to avoid the need to manually make different examples for online and the download package, some examples contains such code to load different files depending on where viewed. Some examples-tours do the same: they load hi-res images when running on the krpano website and otherwise the included smaller low-res images from the download package when running offline.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Ah right, understandable.
    Maybe write that in the xml as a comment? I never suspected my "xml style" issue to originate from the video used in the example.

Kind regards,

Lolo

• Hi,

in your xml replace the whole 'add_video_sources' with something like this:

Code
    videointerface_addsource('video', 'myvideo.mp4');
      videointerface_play('video');

And instead of 'myvideo.mp4' enter the file-name or url of your video-file.

Btw - your current example is not working because it is just a copy of the original krpano example and uses the video files from the krpano server - and access to these files is not allowed from external.

Best regards,
    Klaus</action>

I'm very sorry but the xml still does not execute properly. I have gone over the pathing of the video file and plugins many times but the same error keeps popping up. I'm really sure all the files are in the proper folders and such so I really can't see what I'm doing wrong. Could you look at my XML one more time please? http://awayin.to/Virtual_Tours/uc360_web_video/index.html

Thanks a lot,

Lolo

Edited once, last by lolo2k (February 5, 2021 at 11:08 PM).

• My apologies if I made the wrong impression with my remarks in earlier posts. I was only trying to help yet may have come across as impatient while most of you have worked on issues far longer then my two full days. I really hope someone is willing to give my file the last push to succes so I can start my own path coding 360 video and sink in many hours of my life :)

• Hi,

i think you made a strange mistake somewhere.
    Actually it all is quite 'basic'.

seems to work ok:
    https://www.virtualtuur.com/krpano/120/help/360vid/1/

check the source of the index.html
    i also changed some in the videopano.xml:
    https://www.virtualtuur.com/krpano/120/hel…1/videopano.xml

make sure, when you load video from full url, other then have them 'local' somewhere in 'tour' folder, that they are on the same domain as the 'tour' is.

Zou toch moeten lukken zo lijkt me.. succes! (dutch)

Tuur *thumbsup*

• Darnit...

Still doesn't work.

Is there still a tour.xml at play? I have been focussing on the videopano.xml but the index.html still directs the browser to a tour.xml. So either I haven't mastered redirection (i can't find a reference to tour.xml in the index.html or the panovideo.xml to the tour.xml) or I don't know the default tour.xml setup for a panovideo. But since there is no tour.xml in the viewer/examples/panovideo I was under the assumption there is no tour.xml.

I put the video's in the root of the tour folder and copied as much of your code as possible. I did remove the artuur.js script from the index.html as I don't have that file.

Thanks again,

Lodewijk

http://awayin.to/Virtual_Tours/uc360_web_video/videopano.xml

http://awayin.to/Virtual_Tours/uc360_web_video/index.html

• Yo pik,

misschien moet je niet mijn viewer maar je eigen viewer gebruiken!
    of je index opfrissen.
    Geen wonder dat het niet werkt.

Tuur *thumbsup*

• Ik begin de weg kwijt te raken en het spoor bijster te zijn.
    Zowel de mappen structuur als de terminologie is mij niet meer duidelijk ondertussen.
    Wat bedoel je met viewer? Is dat waar de <script src="virtualtuur.js"></script> naar verwijst?
    Is daar een standaard vervanger voor? wat ik zie geen referentie naar een script in de index.html van KRpano zelf, maar deze code werkt ook niet...

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <!-- redirect to the root krpano.html to avoid local browser restrictions -->
    <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=../../krpano.html?xml=examples/videopano/videopano.xml" />
    <style>body{background-color:#000000;}</style>
    </head>
    </html>

Wellicht is het niet aan mij om dit zelfstandig uit te zoeken. Er wordt wellicht toch te veel basis kennis verwacht.
    Je weet ondertussen wat ik wil want je SKI voorbeeld op mijn eigen domein hosten is eigenlijk het hele verhaal. Zou je dat voor een (a.u.b. zachte) prijs in een mapstructuur willen zetten zodat zelf ik deze kan hosten op onze server?

Bedankt voor het vlotte antwoord iig.

Lodewijk

• Hi,

A simple way is:
    Drop a 360 photo on a droplet.
    Take the tour.js and put that in your project folder.
    Throw virtualtuur.js away and change in the index.html virtuatuur.js to tour.js
    You can rename tour.js into lolo.js if you like, also in index then.
    That tour.js is your krpano 'viewer'.
    That viewer is controlled by code files starting with tour.xml ( look in index).. go from there.

Hope it helps
    Tuur *thumbsup*

Anders bel maar effe

• Hi,

I think there are already tutorials about this. Watch a few.
    Making one, i would leave for the people that really know.

Tuur *thumbsup*

• I have looked and looked but not found a tutorial on panovideo, just on tours and toolboxes
    I have gotten a significant amount of knowlage on the subject and I think making a lot of errors makes me qualified to make one as I know what pitfalls there are for new users. BUT I will be running it by you before I post.
    Thanks again for taking the time to help. I think finally get it now.

Now, to make it work for the first time.... *g*

Edited 2 times, last by lolo2k (April 21, 2021 at 10:04 AM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!