data traffic per pano

• Hello!

I have a few questions before i start off with krpano. Recently i made some flashfiles with another program, but i dont like the restrictions in resolution. With the source material i have, i can easily make much better pano's. krpano seems to give me that possibility, as well as the google app where you can see at which angle your looking. I like that! :)

But there is a restriction. I cannot afford much more bandwidth. Till now a pano uses up to 30 MB. I cannot find the 'amount' of bandwidth a krpano is using. (i know it depends on the resolution of the pano, as well as how much a viewer is 'using' the pano. but isn't there an average which could serve as an indication?

Would greatly appreciate the help! (and excuse me if i overlooked it somewhere on the forum or site.)

example of the old file: http://www.natuurmedia.nl/duinenenmensen…kerfwinter.html (the original picture is much larger and the sourcematerial even better (no vertical line, bended horizon ed.)

Regards,
    Machiel

• For windows:Download the tools. Unzip them and copy your image and then paste it onto the

MAKE PANO (MULTIRES) droplet

then evaluate the results.(locally, of course)

I looked at my past panos and the files seemed to be less than 3mb for a pano. Started with a 5000X2500px image.

I don't know actual download #'s since each person views a pano in a different way. The above is just the actual file sizes, not bandwidth sizes.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Jarredja (28. Dezember 2009 um 06:49)

• Hi,

But there is a restriction. I cannot afford much more bandwidth. Till now a pano uses up to 30 MB. I cannot find the 'amount' of bandwidth a krpano is using. (i know it depends on the resolution of the pano, as well as how much a viewer is 'using' the pano. but isn't there an average which could serve as an indication?

like Jarredja already said, I would recommend just to try/test it,

because that can't be said generally, it depends on the file sizes, image content (e.g. a empty sky
    can be better compressed and will be smaller), resolution and also on the person how is viewing
    the pano (e.g. if he will look/zoom to every small angle it will need more bandwidth of course)

best regards,
    Klaus

• Thanks for all the help! really apprieciated it!

For anyone who is reading this for any guideline.

from a 600 MB 20.000px wide image i created a 1 layer panorama with krpano which was 30 MB in size (all images combined)

The result was a panorama like i the one i posted at the beginning, only a little better in resolution.

Machieavelli

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!