Introducing everpano 3D 1.3.0

• Hi everyone !

After a long development, finally the next release everpano 3D 1.3.0 can be presented

Here a short video as introduction :

What's new :

Creation of a 3D model with textures

Now you can create an obj file that contain not only the geometry but also the textures for making a dollhouse

• OBJ file

The geometry from the whole model is stored in a OBJ file, that on one side contain the vertex values for the geometry and on the other side the coordinates for the texture

obj file

• Unwrapped texture

In order to be able to show the textures from all your panos at the same time there's a texture file that contains all the unwrapped images from every part of your model

Unwrapped texture

everpano 3D is not only generating the texture image but also some helpers that will enable you to make an image processing with your favorite editor

1. texture.png
      2. preview.jpg
      3. lines.png
      4. boxes.png
      texture files

everpanotools

A new set of internal tools that boost image processing and computer vision and helps with the creation of the 3D Model

_              _      
       _____   _____ _ __ _ __   __ _ _ __   ___ | |_ ___   ___ | |___  
      / _ \ \ / / _ \ '__| '_ \ / _` | '_ \ / _ \| __/ _ \ / _ \| / __| 
     |  __/\ V /  __/ |  | |_) | (_| | | | | (_) | || (_) | (_) | \__ \ 
      \___| \_/ \___|_|  | .__/ \__,_|_| |_|\___/ \__\___/ \___/|_|___/ 
                         |_|                                            

Orthogonal modelling

One of the tasks everpanotools is handling, is adjusting the panoramas to match with the everpano coordinate system, we can now draw orthogonal lines for our polygons, cubes or planes.

That helps keeping the model straight and make the whole object look better and more precise. Also with the usage of new helper lines while drawing, occluded vertex can now be easily located. Of course the app is flexible, so you can still deactivate the orthogonal mode and keep drawing a free shape.

orthogonal modelling

Building the model

A new system that makes matching the different panos (or groups of panos) together much easier

Now we can not only connect the images via the references, like we did in previous versions, but we can make high level groups (rooms / scenes) that will later be connected to each other via the new tool for building models

That tool, together with the orthogonal lines, will definitely improve the shape and precision of your models

building model

Modelling proces

In the next video you can see the full process of modelling this simple flat with 7 panoramas

To keep it shorter, the time has been remapped so the repetitive parts can be kind of skipped, but just to let you know the whole process was taking 22 minutes

Many other implementations

A complete and detailed list of all the new features, will be published together on the final release date.

When it's going to be publicly available

All the main parts are already implemented and deeply tested, nevertheless in order to push the software beyond in multiple, and probably unknown situations, a beta testing period will be opened to find out some possible bugs.
    For those who would like to participate in this beta process, please send an email to beta_tester@everpano.com, with a short explanation of the project you would like to build, and some low res previews of the panos. Small but important tasks still need to be finished like documentation, implementations in the viewer and more examples, and fixing the reported issues from beta testers.

What's next - Roadmap

There are already many plans for release coming after this one. Some of them are listed here :
    • Multi level management
    • An improved UI
    • Measure tool for the tours
    • Improved management of the textures merged from multiple images
    • and a long ...

“There is geometry in the humming of the strings, there is music in the spacing of the spheres.” - Pythagoras

• A few feature requests (if not already possible)....

1. Get the option to define a room from the ceiling down rather than the floor up (eyespy360 does this I think). It is all very well modelling an empty space but back in the real world particularly in residential properties, every corner of a room is obscured by furniture or other objects which makes it way more difficult and time consuming than it needs to be.

2. Right click the dolls house / 3D model to be able to drag it around - this being how Sketchfab/Matterport/eyespy360/etc. all work, i.e. the standard behavior on most similar tools. At the moment right click brings up the KRPano context menu.

3. Like in Metareal to be able to easily draw cylinders, cones, i.e. non-rectangular/square objects

Just my tuppence worth!

• Hello, we have been waiting for you for a very long time.
    Can we prepare this work in a duplex apartment? I do not think so. I'm doing a store shoot. one floor. but there are 3 ladder steps to pass somewhere. a small height. You need to find solutions for different floors and heights.
    thanks.
    best

Edited 2 times, last by sanaltur (June 7, 2021 at 9:17 PM).

• Did I miss a post on the KRPano forum as to why there was no support available what so ever for this plugin / addon for an enormous period of time? I seem to remember reading posts by frustrated people that had purchased Everpano and unable to use it correctly.

Sure this new update looks 'real pretty' but please don't leave all your customers to work out things for themselves as it's a waste of everyone's time.

My apologies if there was a post by the the developer explaining the previous lack of support.

Andrew

• Hi,

First of all thanks to everyone who already applied as a beta testers. During the coming week I will get in contact with you and give some documentation.
    I'm very glad that all of you soon can build dollhouses in a simple way as you have seen.

Then let me try to answer all the questions here :

no support available what so ever for this plugin / addon for an enormous period

To be true I tried my best to give continuos support via email to all the users that have wrote me, but you are right as I've not been active in the forum or facebook groups. I'll do my best to combine software development and being more active on the forum.

By the way this is not a plugin / addon, but a software by it's own and now even including own image processing set of tools the everpanotools that is able to use computer vision to automatically adjust a panorama to be modeled in everpano 3D

Adjusting panorama adjusted panorama

Converting sphere to cube sphere2cube

You can also take a look at the video showing the adjusting part.

Can we prepare this work in a duplex apartment?

With some creativity you can present multiple floors at the same time, I did not want to cover that part, as I was expecting some users to find their own way without my bias. But as said on previous post the multilievel is the first point of the roadmap, it is even 80% implemented on everpano editor, but unfortunately there's no API yet in krpano to interact with the OBJ file in that regard, but I'm pretty sure that also will be implemented soon.

Navigator PRO Can the plug-in still be used with the OBJ model?

Yes tha navigator plugin will be working the same way in the panoramas, and also everpano UI.

When I click on the ground hotspot to jump to another scene

Not sure how you did that as hostposts are actually not shown when you fly to the pano, but anyway that's not the end viewer, the everpano UI will be the main one. And of course users can code their own user interface ;)

Kind regards

• Good News : New version released.

It could be a hard work for a man developing a program and support its customers all over the world.
    However, it is to support customer for the most part of the running a business.

I leave a my true story below;

I bought everpano on last year, 2020.09.
    And over a month, I've had rendering problem on all my window/linux/mac computers .
    I used all the 3 computer registered slot, but cannot remove them at all - the link has been broken.
    it's been over a year and a half since I bought the program and even it's NOT run properly at least once.
    Almost my computer are gone. I replaced them all.
    When I install the new version everpano, it says "the register key already registered 3 computers, buy new license."

Even now, I'd love to use everpano 1.3 but it's not a good solution for me to buy new one.
    I've got an experience that I cannot use the program at least once in my history.

Even it takes time,
    I'd love to get supported from customer service for my problem, and I use them in near future.
    I really hope so.

- i cannot remove the computers with the link that could remove the registered computer link, which is informed in an official everpano email not working, https://everpano.com/documentation/license.php
    - everpano customer service does not working for over years by instagram, facebook, direct email, even this krpano forum.

• Hi Kabkee,

I used all the 3 computer registered slot, but cannot remove them at all - the link has been broken

you can remove the license directly from the app itself, just go to menu help-> license information , and there you will find a button to remove the slot from that device. If you have trouble just contact me, but should be easy. About the workflow, I already helped many users making some screencast with their own panos, so I found this is the way users, get in a better way the basic concepts for making references and modelling. So please go ahead and send me some panos so I'll show you the workflow with your specific case, and send you back a link with the screencast video. On that email, please add your everpano 3D license email so I can have some reference, by now, with Kabkee as reference I could only find a trial registration.

Even now, I'd love to use everpano 1.3

Next release is free of charge for current users, so you can use it very soon. Thanks and kind regards

• This seller have always issue. I dnt know to ban this seller every buyer is in great pain.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!