Single URL/Meta for each pano, DEEPLINKING without query, how to?

• Hi!

I've been using Krpano's integrated deeplink feature for some time but recently I began having limitations. For example in LinkedIN query seems to be removed by their messaging application, so yeah, instead of showing the specific panorama I intend person to see it takes them to root. Already had some misunderstandings because of this. With Whatsapp what happens is that if user clicks on link then it works, but if user clicks on thumbnail then it leads to root.

Another problem with deeplinking with query parameters is that meta for the site is the universal one (at index.html), so thumbnail/data doesn't match the shared link scene which also creates communication issues and loose so much "punch".

I know some of you have solved this issue elegantly so I'd appreciate some insights about how to create single URL's for each panorama that also allow to use specific meta.

Been doing some research about this and found this very nice article about "SINGLE PAGE APPS", which as I understand is krpano virtual tours case. This girl basically advices developers to implement USER AGENTS that will identify social platform crawlers and render for them a meta-only html, while identifying users as well and showing them the content.

https://speakerdeck.com/sienatime/facebook-sharing-for-single-page-apps[size=10]
    [/size]
    I'm not that skilled coder out of Krpano (though I'm always open to learn) so I don't know how to for example generate URL's in the form of a folder structure (PHP maybe?) and conect all that with meta crawlers. So any advice/hints here would be greatly appreciated, same if there's another way of coding this whole feature.

Klaus, if you're reading, I don't know if an "universal solution" can be created here, but if possible I think this would be an amazing feature to have in future updates. I know there are much more tour developers out there who have the same need as current deeplinking solution has those limitations I mention.

Thank you!

• hi... this is not something krpano could help you with.
    rendering metadata happens server side before delivering the page to the browser
    create an index.php, process the url, compose the html with the needed meta data
    and then send it to the browser.

https://www.codeconquest.com/website/client…vs-server-side/
    https://www.tutorialrepublic.com/php-tutorial/

• Hello Indexofrefraction, yes, I know server/client side difference. Indeed, article mentions meta would be generated server side in what seems to be Python, though index.php as you mention may work as well.

Now, what I don't have a clue is about URL update. I've seen a couple of tours here where "folder structure" seems to be present when in fact it seems to be updated the same way as current krpano's deeplinking by javascript on client side. If query is not used then same way would work, or PHP would be needed. Any idea? What would be needed is that URL generated meta could match what USER AGENTS see, that's the thing.

About what I mention for KRPANO is that I if a global solution (including PHP) could be added to the "kit", that would be very useful for everyone, as currently only people that develops this can access the feature. If I get it I don't disregard selling it as a plugin, I know many people would appreciate this (I definitely would buy it), though would be very nice to count on that one as the current deeplinking has the limitations I mention, which basically will affect anyone sending a whatsapp, Linkedin message and probably many other platforms.

I'd appreciate anyone else's insight about this subject.

Best

• One way would be via .htaccess

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!