Overlay blend mode

• Hi everybody,I work with distorded HS appearing on view aligned with feature to enhance it. Using overlayed white, it gives a nice "light me UP!" look.

Works well but for large features, the HS image size limitation is a problem.So I managed to use PNG's with transparency and gray shades, css3d renderer and overlay mix-blend-mode CSS.

OK on Firefox but KO on Chrome.
    Would it be possible to get WebGL support to the dedicated HS attribute with the full range of blend modes options ?
    Or any work around for Chrome ? (I read about the stealing background-color behavior but with no success)
    Cheers,
    Greg

• Hi,

what features would you need in detail?

The 'full range of blend modes options' is a bit vague...

For WebGL each 'blend mode' would require an extra/special rendering code-path (and that also often multiple-times for different hotspot-types), so each manual implemented blend-mode can have quite a lot of costs.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,
    I mainly need a WebGL rendered hotspot[name].blendmode="overlay"
    I already spoke with index (zFilter father) about this and he told me this would be something to ask directly to you. He's a bit sad about being stuck with CSS3D too !

Thanks for your consideration. I work really hard on the aesthetic of my productions and this would really help me.
    Cheers,
    Greg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!