Video turned 90° in Video Spot

• Hello there and many thanks in advance for your help here!

I dusted off Panotour Pro after I didn't use it for some years, installed the latest version of krpano and ran into an issue...

When I set a video or web content spot and link a video, that video is always sideways (90°), no matter if the orientation is landscape or portrait.

In addition I just saw the the video is mirrored...

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out here.

Thanks and cheers,
    Chris

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cs909 (1. September 2021 um 18:09)

• Hi,

perhaps you can show us a link? or make a small barebone example where we can see it and help?
    My first guess would be some rotation setting wrong value.. (rx ry rz)

Tuur *thumbsup*

• If you have a Mac..
    sometimes when you have by accident the 'focus' still on the mac-finder (finder is 'active') and press cmd + r (to refresh the browser that in this case not is selected/active) ..you can accidentally rotate a selected graphic or video in the finder/folder..

Sometimes it happens to me..

Tuur *thumbsup*

• Hi guys,
    Not sure how cs909 succeeded but I've just recently made a regular 360 pano AND also a video in portrait orientation(1080x1920, 29fps). When trying to adjust the video to the distorted hotpost into my pano as a videoplayerl it is 90° rotated right.
    So I modified hotspot attributes as follows

Code
    height="1080"
    			width="1920"
    			ath="3.6" atv="-29"
    			rotate="88.5"

I tested it on MS Windows10, Firefox v104.0.2 and it works OK.
    Unfortunately none of other browsers (Chrome v104.0.5112.102, MS Edge v105.0.1343.27, Vivaldi v5.4.2753.47) is working with me as FF does.
    Klaus is mentioning some orientation meta data, but I have no clue how to say it to the browsers (Chrome, Edge, Vivaldi...)?
    Here is my case and video
    Holding mouse down over the geyser, the video is showing or hiding. Since the video is in full resolution it takes a while.
    What is the reasonable resolution and fps rate to let the video running without interruptions?

Thank you for any help.
    Pavel

P.S.
    I fixed the above hotspot attributes as follows:

Code
    height.firefox="1080"
    			width.firefox="1920"
    			rotate.firefox="88"

height.no-firefox.or.mobile="1920"
    			width.no-firefox.or.mobile="1080"
    			rotate.no-firefox.or.mobile="-2"
    			ath="4" atv="-29"

This settings works on PC with MS Windows10 (Firefox, Chrome, Vivaldi, IE11);
    Mac OSX v10.9.5 (Firefox v78.15.0esr, Safari 9.1.3 does not start video);
    Mobile phone:
    iPhone iOS v15.6.1 + Safari 15.6.1;
    Android 12 + Chrome 99.9

I will adjust the video brightness and resolution to the overal panorama ASAP.
    Please let me know when the video is not working on your device (OS + browser config). I'll try to find out the attributes.

Thank you,
    Pavel

PS2:
    After editing my original video with iMovie, the Firefox on desktop does not need the orientation rotation exception and the hotspot attributes are:

Code
    height="1080"
    			width="1920"
    			rotate="-2"

The used videois now 608x1080px and is working well. (See my case link above.)

Though it is more than year, cs909 would find my experience useful.
    Thanks,
    Pavel

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von pur (26. September 2022 um 23:23) aus folgendem Grund: All Fixed

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!