• Hi,

There is a new release everpano 3D 1.3.0

News in everpano 3D 1.3.0:

Creation of a 3D model with textures

Create a 3D model with the unwrapped textures, so you can experience the vision of the whole project from a single view.

• OBJ file

The geometry from the whole model is stored in a OBJ file, that on one side contain the vertex values for the geometry and on the other side the coordinates for the texture

• Unwrapped texture

In order to be able to show the textures from all your panos at the same time there's a texture file that contains all the unwrapped images from every part of your model

Unwrapped texture

everpano 3D is not only generating the texture image but also some helpers that will enable you to make an image processing with your favorite editor

1. texture.png
      2. preview.jpg
      3. lines.png
      4. boxes.png
      texture files

everpanotools

A new set of internal tools that boost image processing and computer vision and helps with the creation of the 3D Model
    Thanks to everpanotools the panoramas get correctly aligned to fit the everpano coordinate system, this is useful because we can draw orthogonal lines directly from the first point.
    It also creates thumbnails from the equirectangular image so you have them from the very begining, it can process TIF files so you do not need to convert them to JPG.
    And it's being used to create the textures for the model.

_              _      
       _____   _____ _ __ _ __   __ _ _ __   ___ | |_ ___   ___ | |___  
      / _ \ \ / / _ \ '__| '_ \ / _` | '_ \ / _ \| __/ _ \ / _ \| / __| 
     |  __/\ V /  __/ |  | |_) | (_| | | | | (_) | || (_) | (_) | \__ \ 
      \___| \_/ \___|_|  | .__/ \__,_|_| |_|\___/ \__\___/ \___/|_|___/ 
                         |_|                                            
    pano rotated

pano rotated

pano aligned

pano aligned

Orthogonal modelling

As we just explained above, one of the tasks everpanotools is handling, is adjusting the panoramas to match with the everpano coordinate system, we can now draw orthogonal lines for our polygons, cubes or planes.

That helps keeping the model straight and make the whole object look better and more precise. Also with the usage of new helper lines while drawing, occluded vertex can now be easily located. Of course the app is flexible, so you can still deactivate the orthogonal mode and keep drawing a free shape.

orthogonal modelling

Portals vs references

Here a new concept for building the whole model. In the previous versions we need to relate all the panos using references, that combined with the lack of orthogonal tools, was generating some deformation to the models. In order to keep the whole model more precise, we have introduced the portal concept, that allows us to locate the different pieces by dragging the whole model. So to make it short the references are still being used to relate panos that belongs to the same space, and the portals are being used to relate the diferent spaces

portals vs references

Building the model

A new system that makes matching the different panos (or groups of panos) together much easier

Now we can not only connect the images via the references, like we did in previous versions, but we can make high level groups (rooms / scenes) that will later be connected to each other via the new tool for building models

That tool, together with the orthogonal lines, will definitely improve the shape and precision of your models

building model

Modelling proces

In the next video you can see the full process of modelling this simple flat with 7 panoramas

To keep it shorter, the time has been remapped so the repetitive parts can be kind of skipped, but just to let you know the whole process was taking 22 minutes

Examples with model and screencast

Gravina example

Forn example

Hector example

Blasco example

Find more examples here

Numerical positions

Be more precise by setting the location of the vertex with numbers

While creating any of the 3d elements, plane, portal, cube or extruded polygon, after the first ground click, you can hold SHIFT + A and a modal will pop up to define the value of the height.
    You can also set that value anytime, by clicking on the vertex while pressing the mentions short code.

Note:
    0.- if you click on a red vertex "ground vertex" you can only set X and Y because height is always suposed to be 0
    1.- When you change the XY of any vertex from a line it will affect to the rest of the vertex that belong to the line

More shortcuts

key Binding Command Description
    ⇧⌘L ⇧ Ctrl L Add line Create a new vertical line
    ⇧⌘A ⇧ Ctrl A Add point Given a vertical line add new vertex
    ⇧⌘D ⇧ Ctrl D Duplicate line Duplicate an existent line with all it's possible vertex
    ⇧⌘P ⇧ Ctrl P Add polygon Create a polygon by clicking on the vertex of the vertical lines
    ⇧⌘V ⇧ Ctrl V Add vertical plane By providing 3 clicks make a vertical plane, ground, height and second point on the ground
    ⇧⌘C ⇧ Ctrl C Add cube Create a cube by providing 4 clicks
    ⇧⌘E ⇧ Ctrl E Add extruded polygon Create an extruded polygon, first click on the ground, second to define height, n clicks to generate the polygon
    ⇧⌘M ⇧ Ctrl M Add portal Just like a vertical plane but used for fitting the model
    ⇧⌘R ⇧ Ctrl R Remove element remove lines, vertex, polygons & portals
    ⇧X ⇧X Orthogonal lines Force to draw elements orthogonal with the axis defined in the pano
    s s Snap tool While drawing a 3d object, extruded polygon, we can press S key to snap into the closest location so we make sure to correctly fit the 90º
    ⇧A ⇧A Set numerical value While creating the height vertex of a plane, cube, portal or extruded polygon you can numerically set the height of that point.
    Also once the vertex is created by hovering mouse over the vertex and pressing the shortcode you can set the value again.
    Finally that shortcode is also used to check the triangulation result of a polygon, to validate it's being corrctly calculated.

Check all shortcuts here

Is that upgrade free ?

Yes, if you already have a everpano 3D license you can just download the new version and use it with the same license.

Navigator Plugin

All the plugins will be now part of the app itself so the current ones and those that are work in progress, will come bundled with the app

Why is it already included now ?

As the navigator plugin has come to be a very useful plugin to freely navigate in the tour, we considered it should be essential part of the app. On the other side maintaining a pro and a free version was complicating the development a little bit. As we already mentioned this release is free for all everpano 3D users, but if you already have a PRO license for the Navigator plugin you will have a discount when there will be a non free upgrade

Latest krpano version

It comes bundled with the latest krpano 1.20.9.

Find more documentation here

What's next - Roadmap

There are already many plans for some of the next new releases. Some of them are listed here :
    • Faster releases
    • Multiple level management
    • Batch system for processing multiple projects
    • Manual system for aligning panos (mac and windows)
    • Improved system for cutting doors out from walls
    • Multi resolution in the panos
    • Measure tool for the tours
    • Floorplan image creation
    • Improved management of textures, to use all possible information from multiple panos

“The shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line” - Archimedes of Syracuse

• notfoundmove -> 10 // the amount of move that it will perform when no image is found in specific direction
    notfoundtime -> 0.3 // the amount of time that it will be used to perform the move when no image is found
    Invalid?

Nothing happens when I click on the wall

• Congrats. I was waiting. *smile*
    but,
    It stopped booting in 1.3.
    Next, 1.2 doesn't work either, so I tried to reinstall 1.2
    I installed it on three computers, so I ran out of licenses.
    I emailed you the problem, but I want you to write an answer for everyone.

• Hi,

The situation is that the 1.3.1 version uses an external depth map, and there is no link hotspot

If you try to give a non intended usage to the app then you need to find some tricks and also know how to code in krpano script or javascript.

The main goal of the app is to create models with geometry and textures, and also the virtual tour with the panos. But everytime you want to make things which the app is not designed for, then you will need to solve the issues regarding this type of usage.

• Hi,

please can you elaborate a bit more on waht happen on your device ?
    can you share specs ? windows 10 64 / mac ?

I also have answered your email , and now you can try to reinstall the app

Kind regards

Thank you.

I received an email and installed 1.3.1 on the grayed out Windows 10.

As a result, I was able to install without any problems.

I'm using Windows 10 for production, spare, and take-out.

When I installed 1.3.0 (first), it stopped graying out.
    Also, 1.2 can no longer be installed.

The software remained licensed and displayed a license violation.

(More spare Windows 10 for testing)

If I didn't remove the license, I was in trouble because I was guided to purchase.

p.s.

I don't speak English and may not be able to communicate well.
    sorry.

• jordi
    Same Issue like other users here:
    After updating to 1.3.1 i only have a bootlogo screen. When i try to open an existing project, the programm only backup the existing file. Thats all! No working area...i have tried several (re)installations.

Im using Windows 7 (x64). I have also tried to install on a windows 10 machine, but i get the error message that the licence is already in use and i should buy another licence! Very frustating! Any Solution to solve this problem?

LG Lars

*Update:
    After reinstalling to 1.3.2, and with the fast support from Jordi it works now. I can create new (opening older projects still doesnt work) projects. Im not really sure, but i think that kaspersky-firewall somehow blocked my installations...
    Again Jordi, thank you for your direct help. *thumbup*

Edited once, last by Lars P. (September 20, 2021 at 5:07 PM).

• I am trying to use Floor hotspots, using only references, no model or geometry. While I'm in the project, it shows me the hotspots, and allows me to navigate through the scenes. Although I mark Navigation Click, this feature does not work for me in the project or in the rendered file.
    When I render the result it does not show me the hotspots and the only way to navigate is through the thumbnails. It is with version 1.3.1
    this is the configuration in the xml
    <plugin name = "navigator" keep = "true" devices = "html5"
    url = "% VIEWER% / plugins / navigator.js"
    leftKey = "65"
    rightKey = "68"
    forwardKey = "87"
    backwardKey = "83"
    upKey = "81"
    downKey = "69"
    loadsceneVars = "null"
    loadsceneFlags = "MERGE"
    loadsceneBlend = "ZOOMBLEND"
    angleTolerance = "60"
    hotspotVisibility = "scene"
    notFoundMove = "10"
    notFoundTime = "0.3"
    navigationMode = "jumping"
    navigationClick = "true"
    navigationSpeed = "80"
    walkingSpeed = "0.1"
    walkingFriction = "0.9"
    walkRatioChange = "0.8"
    loadsceneblendtime = "2.0"
    depthmapuse = "false"
    floorspots = "true"
    floorstylesize = "20"
    floorstyleborder = "3"
    floorstylealpha = "0.6"
    floorstylebordercolor = "0x000000"
    floorstylecirclecolor = "0xfafafa"
    floortooltip = "true"
    editMode = "true"
    />
    what am I doing wrong?

• Hi,

using only references, no model or geometry

That is not the main goal of the app, but just a side way to create fast tours with oriented panos and navigation. Nevertheless as I see some users still use this side feature of everpano 3D for creating regular tours without dollhouse, I will try to add a fix for that soon on 1.3 version , and I will try to implement even a faster and better way to relate panos to create regular tours with the navigator, for future release.
    BTW if you are only going to use that, you could still use the old version.

Overall, the tool for building the model and connecting transitions has become much more convenient and intuitive!

Thanks ! Nice to hear that

Just to let you know I'm already working on the implementation of the multilevel *wink*

Kind regards

• That is not the main goal of the app, but just a side way to create fast tours with oriented panos and navigation. Nevertheless as I see some users still use this side feature of everpano 3D for creating regular tours without dollhouse, I will try to add a fix for that soon on 1.3 version , and I will try to implement even a faster and better way to relate panos to create regular tours with the navigator, for future release.
    BTW if you are only going to use that, you could still use the old version.

Thank you for your detailed reply. My interest is not only in navigation, I am hard studying how to make a correct modeling of the geometry of the panoramas. I've been studying the demos on the page. but I still have doubts and difficulties.
    In the demo I share I would like to know how to deal with the geometry of the roof,
    which has trusses and various levels of inclination.
    As for the hotspots on the floor, wanting to make it a darker border, I indicate in the xml: floorStyleBordercolor = "0x000000" floorStyleCirclecolor = "0xfafafa" but it does not make any changes.
    I have come across round columns, in this case, how should I treat the geometry?
    In some of the demos I observe that they do not use references and nevertheless the hotspots of the floor appear later. And in others if the references are used,
    in the link I share, I used references for the 3 panoramas.
    https://www.ciudadcubica.com/biblioExpoN2/render/index.html

• SOLVED-Path to everpano project must have no spaces in the name of a folder.

HELP.
    I get only gray object. I tried many times with many pictures with different sizes( 10.000px, original 13.2009x, smaller 9.000px).
    I tried only one picture or two or more panoramas and get GRAY model and NO texture.

Only once I get normal colored model with one panorama. Everpano 1.3.2 and settings untouched.
    https://www.virtualczech.cz/errors/everpanogrey.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by martyhr: Path to everpano project must have no spaces in the name of a folder. (September 24, 2021 at 12:19 PM).

• Hi

but I still have doubts and difficulties.
    In the demo I share I would like to know how to deal with the geometry of the roof,
    which has trusses and various levels of inclination.

You can send me the one of the panoramas from that project and I can make a demo on how to easily model that roof in everpano 3D

I have come across round columns, in this case, how should I treat the geometry?

You could use the extruded polygon to make an hexagon and make a simplified cylinder.

• Hi,

there's a new release 1.3.3 which fixes some small issues :

• Path to preview images on the render folder
      there was an issue here that the preview path was not correctly set so the preview from the scene was not loaded
    • Small fixes in NavigatorPlugin
      not found scene was not working
    • Issue with blank spaces in the project path, if the name had more than one blank space it was causing an issue
      if you had a project with multiple blank spaces in the path the texture file where not generated
      now you can have those blank spaces if you like
    • Removed the fovmax limitation to the panos so you can zoom more and improve the location of references
      there was a fov limitation so you could not get close to details which could lead to a bad reference generation

You can download this new release from downloads page here

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!