everpano 3D 1.3.4

• Hello Jordi and fellow coders

In previous version I managed to use the Navigator plugin to walk around my cg generated scenes without modeling everything again in Everpano, see example:

https://www.maquetedebolso.com.br/bouw/carmen/decorado/ap201

I did it by making a single stl for the whole tour using a simplified version of my 3d scene's walls, floors and ceilings.
    Took me a week to figure out the right values to write in krpano.navPlugPan and krpano.navPlugMod variables.

Now in navigator 1.3.7 there is only a krpano.navPlugPan which is an encoded string. I tried to decode using javaScript's btoa() to no avail.

I wonder if the encoding was to prevent that kind of "hacking" I did or just to save some lines.

If the former is not the case, could you please tell me what kind of encoding the plugin is expecting? Did you combine the to variables into one? Would be great to use the latest version of the plugin.

Thanks a lot,

Djodi

• Can't wait for next release ;)
    Going further in the modeling I have a few more questions :

1. The 3D model edit mode is very cool to organize all the pieces together, but is there a way to "stick" all pieces perfectly (like reference would do I imagine) because I always have some small gaps between them ?
    2. Would it be possible to change the center of the dollhouse according to the viewed scene so it would rotate around the active scene (better view for large models)
    3. Is there a workflow to add outside views of a building ? For now I use the same workflow with extruded polygon but it looks a bit weird, also I saw the "add sky" button but didn't understood how it works

Thanx for the hard work !

Hi,
    No news on changing the dollhouse center according to the viewed scene like here : https://www.airpano.ru/tours/muzeum/
    Also, portal idea is nice but should be more "clever" : should work like references to auto align different rooms in the 3D view, and also "cut" the polygon to see thru.
    And any tips on how to model outside view would be appreciated (views around a building modeled in everpano)
    Thanx !

• Hi,

The 3D model edit mode is very cool to organize all the pieces together, but is there a way to "stick" all pieces perfectly (like reference would do I imagine) because I always have some small gaps between them ?

that's on the road map a sticking system

Would it be possible to change the center of the dollhouse according to the viewed scene so it would rotate around the active scene (better view for large models)

when you are editing the model you can select all the pieces and drag them to a new center,
    note that there's a fixed white circle that's the 0,0 location
    also note that when dragging the pieces they get some transparency so you can correctly adjust the center of the model
    you can also rotate them all together, note that there's a snapping system to fixed rotations every 15º, use shift to trigger the snap

Is there a workflow to add outside views of a building ? For now I use the same workflow with extruded polygon but it looks a bit weird, also I saw the "add sky" button but didn't understood how it works

I would proceed the same way as with indoors, but only modelling the "wall" of the "building", and a small piece of the ground, that way you would skip the "street" and the "sky" but still keep the textures of the "building"
    You need some ground to locate the piece on the model.

Also, portal idea is nice but should be more "clever" : should work like references to auto align different rooms in the 3D view, and also "cut" the polygon to see thru.

At that point you would need to tell how portals are linked, which is an information not provided right now, and when you draw them in different sizes that would generate a miss alignment. I'm already working on a more efficient solution..
    Also the polygon cutting is WIP, but that will be an option because maybe in some cases the portal is not "linked" to any wall, but yes I think I already mentioned that there will be a quick method to cut the portal from the wall, rather than the current method.

Kind regards

• when you are editing the model you can select all the pieces and drag them to a new center,
    note that there's a fixed white circle that's the 0,0 location
    also note that when dragging the pieces they get some transparency so you can correctly adjust the center of the model
    you can also rotate them all together, note that there's a snapping system to fixed rotations every 15º, use shift to trigger the snap

First thanx for the answers.
    I know you can set the center by dragging the 3dmodel, but I was talking about the navigator plugin ;)
    As in the exemple I sent when you open the dollhouse the center of the dollhouse is the actual scene, and not always the 0,0 location.
    That's a must have behaviour for large 3dmodels

• Hi,

Ok, I see what you mean, to modify the center of the model accordingly to the last visited scene.

then just change the action model3d_view in the main.xml file as follows

So it's setting the current location of the pano into the model view tx ty tz

On the other hand you will need to remove from project3d.xml the onstart="initial_model3d_view()" from the scene name="scene_model3d" otherwise that would be called every time when accessing the model. Also probably add <action name="initial_model3d_view" autorun="onstart"> so if you start from the dollhouse on your project you get a zenital view.

I hope that helps you already using that feature, but I will implement it in a more tested and nice way for next release.

Kind regards

• Hi,

Now in navigator 1.3.7 there is only a krpano.navPlugPan which is an encoded string

Yes that is how it works in current version, and the main reason as you mention it was to prevent miss usage of the plugin outside of the app, unfortunately I was advised of this kind of usage.

Nevertheless I understand the situation so I will implement a code generator from within the app, so a small modal where you provide the current code and it gives you back the expected code.

On the other hand I also have plans for a new pipeline for projects coming from cgi side, so that will come quite handy at the end.

Contact me via email and I will provide you the values.

You can also use previous version ...

Kind regards

• Thanks for the kind answer.

On the other hand I also have plans for a new pipeline for projects coming from cgi side, so that will come quite handy at the end.

This is great, let me know if you need a beta tester for this pipeline.

You can also use previous version ...

Will do. Don´t bother doing the modal, I'll wait for the CGI pipeline.

Djodi

• Hi,
    Can I ask about the timeline for multilevel models? To put this in perspective, in the UK less than 10% of privately owned residential properties are classed as bungalows (single level properties) leaving 90% with two or more levels.

Couple of other feature requests:

1. Like other platforms Sketchfab/Matterport/Eyespy360/etc. can the right mouse click be used to drag/move the model around in 3D space? or perhaps Shift+Left Mouse. Being able to drag the model with the mouse makes using the dollshouse much much easier vs. awsd keys.

2. Would it be possible to add a cylinder modelling shape (like add a cube), I think perhaps Metareal has this. There you can also pinch the top of the cylinder to make a cone and pinch the bottom to make an upside down cone.

Thanks

• Hi,

timeline for multilevel

It's one of the main topics for next release, but there are also other important features to add, so it will be as soon as possible ready.

Being able to drag the model with the mouse

That's right, in this everpano3D demo there's an initial implementation of that feature

add a cylinder

Could be implemented. By now with an extruded polygon you could easily model a 8 - 10 side cylinder.

Kind regards

• Hi,

seems you need to download the latest version, or manually replace the navigator.js plugin with this one in the link

kind regards

I have updated navigator.js and everpano_ui.js.
    I also renamed the image with the character " abc" .
    but still error"
    INFO: krpano 1.20.10 (build 2021-10-01)
    INFO: HTML5/Desktop - Chrome 96.0 - WebGL
    INFO: Registered to: FIX24H
    ERROR: n10 - SyntaxError: Unexpected token '%'".

I have sent you a link to your email. But no response yet *confused* *confused* *confused*

• Hello, did you finish modelling all the panorama before rendering? I encountered this error before when I tried to render the tour after making only a few 3D Model.

After that, I tried finishing the 3D Model for all panoramas and rendered, then the error didn't came up after that.

Hope this helps.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Bax (28. Dezember 2021 um 14:40)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!