• Hi,

there is a new version available: krpano 1.20.11.
    Release Notes 1.20.11

It's mainly a bugfix-release but also offers some new nice features:

New features in krpano 1.20.11

• It's now possible to use iframes (external websites), html-code and even krpano itself directly inside krpano as layers.
    • Using krpano inside krpano allows doing things like using krpano as maps-viewer inside a krpano tour - or the inverse - a map with krpano panos as popups on it. This way no external maps-library is required and the styling and controlling of everything (like the hotspots) can be done using the same krpano API.
    • Here two examples for that:
      Maps Example - use krpano as small map-window inside a krpano pano tour.
      Maps2 Example - use krpano as main map-viewer and another krpano viewer as pano/tour viewer for the hotspot locations.
    • These both maps examples are mainly made using the Javascript APIs and show also how to extend krpano with additional features - e.g. like in this case with full Latitude and Longitude coordinates (lat/lng) support.
      The Maps2 Example also shows how to use the Browsers Geo-Location API.
    • There is a new loadpanoimage() action to load pano images without the need for a xml or a xmlstring. Instead of an <image> string, the image element can be first constructed directly as object and then be loaded by calling loadpanoimage().
    • There an usage example (Javascript code):
      krpano.image.reset();
      krpano.image.hfov = 123.0;
      krpano.image.sphere = {
        url : "tile_%l_%v_%h.jpg",
        multires : "512,1024x512,2048x1024,4096x2048"
      };
      krpano.actions.loadpanoimage();
      krpano.view.hlookat = 12.3;
      krpano.view.vlookat = 4.5;
      krpano.view.fov = 60.0;
    • Using a transparent background for the viewer is fully supported now. In the previous versions especially the pano-blending between panos wasn't working when a transparent viewer background was used. Btw - a nice new usage case therefore is a background image (e.g. by using a layer with parent=BGLAYER) for 3D 'doll-house'-views.
    • The text in textfields or html-layers is now optionally selectable and can open the Browsers default contextmenu, e.g. for copying text.
    • By using parent="OVERLAY" there is now a new way for putting layers above all others and/or outside the area. Different to parent="STAGE" these layers are within the same context as other layers and so avoid problems with the browsers event flow (the order of events or when something is clickable or not).
    • As the Flash-output is typically not needed anymore today, it is disabled by default now. Flash itself is still optionally supported, but the version 1.20 will be the last one with it. In version 1.21 Flash will then be completely removed.
    • The WebVR wakelock for iOS was improved - it can automatically restart when interrupted and can reuse existing videos (from the pano or from hotspots) as wakelock-trigger.
    • Additionally there were several other smaller improvements and fixes.
    • For all details please have a look into the Release Notes here.

I hope you enjoy these new features and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    See you then hopefully soon with the next version 1.21 ;-)

All the Best!
    Klaus *smile*
  • Great, thanks Klaus!
    Looking forward to play with some of these new features.
    Eg. capturefocus will allow for even more gamification! Probably could build Tetris with it *g*

Merry Christmas to all!

• Hi Klaus, thanks for the update!
    A question regarding the recent Panotour pro update: With the new version pano-specific backgroundsounds only playing one time. If you come back to a previously visited pano the sound doesn't play any more. This was working fine with the Panotour pro update from KR Pano version

1.20.10, but not with 1.20.11. Is there a way to fix this?
    Thanks a lot!

• Hi Loro, Maurizio posted a fix a while back on the panotour/krpano facebook forum for an issue playing sound after being paused. I've updated to 1.20.11 & pasted the older theplaystoptoursoundscontent.tmpl and the background sound now loads after being paused. I've uploaded it to the panotour update page:
    https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…=17064&pageNo=3

N.B. Since I uploaded the template I now realise that this doesn't fix the issue you are having with the sound only playing once, I'm having the same problem in 1.20.11. Sorry it's not helped.

Cheers,
    Bob

Edited 3 times, last by bob1010 (December 26, 2021 at 7:47 PM).

• Hi Loro, I've just checked and I have the same issue with the background sounds only playing once after the 1.20.11 update. Using the older theplaystoptoursoundscontent.tmpl fixed an issue with the sound not playing after being muted, the sound only playing once is a new issue. Do you think you would possibly be able to take a look at this one in the New Year Klaus.
    Cheers,
    Rob

• HI all
    Playing with this great tool krpano1.20.11
    Is seems %VIEWER% dos not have a correct value in this case

Code
    <script src="../viewer/krpano.js"></script>
    <div id="pano" style="width:100%;height:100%;">	<noscript><table style="width:100%;height:100%;"><tr style="vertical-align:middle;"><td><div style="text-align:center;">ERROR:<br/><br/>Javascript not activated<br/><br/></div></td></tr></table></noscript>	<script>		embedpano({xml:"Noel2021.xml", target:"pano", html5:"only", mobilescale:1.0, passQueryParameters:"startscene,startlookat"});	</script></div>

unless the swf param is specified

Code
    <script src="../viewer/krpano.js"></script>
    <div id="pano" style="width:100%;height:100%;">	<noscript><table style="width:100%;height:100%;"><tr style="vertical-align:middle;"><td><div style="text-align:center;">ERROR:<br/><br/>Javascript not activated<br/><br/></div></td></tr></table></noscript>	<script>		embedpano({swf:"../viewer/krpano.swf", xml:"Noel2021.xml", target:"pano", html5:"only", mobilescale:1.0, passQueryParameters:"startscene,startlookat"});	</script></div>

Happy new year for everybody...

• Hi,

Is seems %VIEWER% dos not have a correct value
    unless the swf param is specified

That's the intended/default behavior (in all versions, not just in 1.20.11).
    Without given swf path, it's not possible to reliable determinate the path to the viewer files.

Even when in some browsers it would be possible to search through all currently defined <script> elements and look if the value in 'src' might the one for the krpano viewer (e.g. is named like 'krpano.js' or 'tour.js'), but there are too many case where this wouldn't work.

So instead therefore there is the possibility to use the basepath setting to the define the root/viewer path:
    https://krpano.com/docu/html/#basepath

E.g.

Code
    embepdano({basepath:"../viewer/", ...});

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Loro, I've just checked and I have the same issue with the background sounds only playing once after the 1.20.11 update. Using the older theplaystoptoursoundscontent.tmpl fixed an issue with the sound not playing after being muted, the sound only playing once is a new issue. Do you think you would possibly be able to take a look at this one in the New Year Klaus.
    Cheers,
    Rob

1.20.10 sound interface files still work with panotour, see this post for workaround;
    https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…87021#post87021

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!