[FIX]WEBGL_debug_renderer_info deprecated warning alert in browser dev console.

• (What a mouthful title)
    Recently I've been getting a warning flag on Firefox about WEBGL_debug_renderer_info being deprecated like so:

Code
    WEBGL_debug_renderer_info is deprecated in Firefox and will be removed. Please use RENDERER.

Search the interwebs and nothing came back except some solitary StackOverflow question answered by the same user later. Google offers no other solution either, just as the user points out.

I use the latest (i think) version of the embedding script from KRPANO:
    krpano Embedding Script
    rpano 1.20.9 (build 2020-11-19)

And found a solution, following the same advice from the user from StackOverflow piviti1057)

In tour.js this is written:

Code
    (o = i.getExtension("WEBGL_debug_renderer_info")),

Just change it to this:

Code
    (o=i.getParameter(i.RENDERER)),

The only bad thing is that since it's a recent warning, I have to be aware of making this change by hand since the software keeps using the wrong code every time I redo the tour or make a new one.

• Hi,

that's an unnecessary and unrelated warning from Firefox and can be ignored.

krpano doesn't relay on the availability of that debug info and will also work when it gets removed.

And in the latest versions (btw - 1.20.9 is not the latest ;-)) this 'problem' is also already fixed.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

that's an unnecessary and unrelated warning from Firefox and can be ignored.

krpano doesn't relay on the availability of that debug info and will also work when it gets removed.

And in the latest versions (btw - 1.20.9 is not the latest ;-)) this 'problem' is also already fixed.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Ou
    Well, if this isn't an issue, if you want to, you can delete it :)
    Thanks for answering!

Graphic Designer, Photographer and Self Taught Web Developer.
    I know I'm an unicorn. thumbsup

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!