Using kprotect for a single SWF multires image

• Hello All,

I have having trouble understanding the kprotect tool and how to use it. I have spent some time coming the forum and doucmentation pages but documentation seems to be a bit hard to find.

So let me recap what I have done.

1.) I generated a a swf and associated files using MAKE PANO (SINGLE-SWF-MULTIRES) droplet.bat
    2.) I renamed the base license file to match my .swf file (renamed to Baden.license)
    3.) I posted the files to my test webserver (not local host) Files were called Baden.swf, Baden.html, Baden.license, Baden.jpg

I have purchased an unlimited domain license.

When opening the files from a mapped drive, I get the Krpano demo watermark, if I open the files using a webbrowser of http I get a LICENSE ERROR Message

How can I use Kprotect to embed the license in the swf? Will this solve my problem?

• It sounds like you need to import your licenses into the kprotect tool or maybe try keeping the license name as krpano.license. This license setup only needs to be done once, not every time you use kprotect.

After opening the tool click on Setup.

Then click the Browse button to import you licenses. If you don't have the branding free license keep it blank and ignore the error message that it is missing. Click Install All and you're done.

Phil

• Phil, Thanks for the note. I have checked the setup and it looks just like your screen shots. I had that setup already.

When I try to open the kprotect tool now however I get an error that my krpano.swf is invalid or too old.

I wonder if this has to do with a mismatch of versions of krpanotools and krpano viewer. I dowloaded the 1.0.7 zip for the viewer but I have 1.0.8 beta 9 on tools.

I'll do some more testing this afternoon and see what I can find out.

• Hi,

the solution is much more easier

regarding to:

1.) I generated a a swf and associated files using MAKE PANO (SINGLE-SWF-MULTIRES) droplet.bat

note - the SINGLE-SWF droplets are embedding the license into the generated swf file!
    and therefore the both licenses must be in the folder of the tools/droplets,

when running the droplets without license, you will see a warning message in the command line window, and the generated swf will run in demo mode, which means it will show the demo watermark and it will work only locally,

best regards,
    Klaus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!