Very long delay to see the 1st hotspots (out of more than 10'000)

• Hello,

To visualize differences between 2 point clouds, I generated hotspots for the 3D points of the cloud that exceed a certain tolerance.
    The hotspots without stored in a file and the style of the hotspots are in another file.
    The definition of style is :

Up to ~1000 hotspots, everything is fine.
    However, as soon as the number of hotspots increases (up to ~10'000 hotspots), it takes a long time before the first points appear (several minutes).
    Do you have a solution so that the points arrive more regularly?
    Thanks for your help
    Vincent

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Barras (25. April 2022 um 06:22)

• Hi,

sorry, but krpano is not designed for handling like 10000 hotspots the same time...

Doing such is extreme and would need a dedicated optimized implementation.
    The krpano hotspots are more for general usage with a lot of possible variations and not for mass processing.

Additionally one big hit in such case is probably the reason that these are text hotspots - here for every hotspot the size of the text need be to calculated, then the text manually be rendered into a 2d canvas image and then be uploaded to a WebGL texture. Every of these steps is a heavy process by its own.

You could try using renderer="css3d" and the next version 1.21 will definitely reduce the time to build these hotspots, but still then 10000 hotspots at once might be simply too much...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,
    I apologise for the delay in responding.
    Thanks for the tip.
    By creating a small square image of the colours I want, I was able to speed up the speed of the hotspots very significantly.
    Now, the generation of my 10'00 hotspots takes only 1-2 seconds
    Thank you very much for your help and ideas
    Best regards
    Vincent

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!