Very long delay to see the 1st hotspots (out of more than 10'000)

• Hello,

To visualize differences between 2 point clouds, I generated hotspots for the 3D points of the cloud that exceed a certain tolerance.
    The hotspots without stored in a file and the style of the hotspots are in another file.
    The definition of style is :

Up to ~1000 hotspots, everything is fine.
    However, as soon as the number of hotspots increases (up to ~10'000 hotspots), it takes a long time before the first points appear (several minutes).
    Do you have a solution so that the points arrive more regularly?
    Thanks for your help
    Vincent

Edited once, last by Barras (April 25, 2022 at 6:22 AM).

• Hi,

sorry, but krpano is not designed for handling like 10000 hotspots the same time...

Doing such is extreme and would need a dedicated optimized implementation.
    The krpano hotspots are more for general usage with a lot of possible variations and not for mass processing.

Additionally one big hit in such case is probably the reason that these are text hotspots - here for every hotspot the size of the text need be to calculated, then the text manually be rendered into a 2d canvas image and then be uploaded to a WebGL texture. Every of these steps is a heavy process by its own.

You could try using renderer="css3d" and the next version 1.21 will definitely reduce the time to build these hotspots, but still then 10000 hotspots at once might be simply too much...

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus,
    I apologise for the delay in responding.
    Thanks for the tip.
    By creating a small square image of the colours I want, I was able to speed up the speed of the hotspots very significantly.
    Now, the generation of my 10'00 hotspots takes only 1-2 seconds
    Thank you very much for your help and ideas
    Best regards
    Vincent

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!