• I'm trying to use protect for the first time. All I want to do is embed the xml file. I put the protect exe in the panorama folder, run it, and all seems OK. I call the protected swf file "krpano.swf" and overwrite the one in my pano folder. If I then test the panorama it plays fine. But then I delete the old xml file and just get a black screen.

Since I'm embedding the xml file it's not needed in that folder, right ? Or do I misunderstand how this works ?

I'm using the version from 2/25/2009 since I'm in the middle of a job right now and don't want to mess around switching versions...

• Hi,

could you explain more detailed what you have done?

normally - just start the kprotect GUI tool,
    select SWF Protection Mode - "Embedded XML" and select your XML file,
    and press Generate Protected File to save the new swf file,

btw. I would really recommend to use the latest kprotect tool,
    normally there should be no problem, you don't need to overwrite
    the old version, just put the new tools in a different folder,

best regards,
    Klaus

• I'm running 1.0.8b8, but the latest protect download says that this version is too old, and the old one is the only other one I have...

I don;t understand which files I need and which I don;t after the "protect". Does it matter what the generated swf is called ? Where does it go ? And shouldn't I then be able to delete the plain xml ?

• Hi,

I'm running 1.0.8b8, but the latest protect download says that this version is too old, and the old one is the only other one I have...

have you extracted the whole tools zip file to a new folder?

normally there is the kprotect tool and the new krpano.swf in this folder,
    the included krpano.swf must be used,
    (the tools and the swf must be from the same version to avoid compatibility problems)

I don;t understand which files I need and which I don;t after the "protect". Does it matter what the generated swf is called ? Where does it go ? And shouldn't I then be able to delete the plain xml ?

you have select a xml file for embedding, kprotect will search inside this xml for references for other files, and will add them also automatically,

all files that kprotect had found are listed the file list in the "Embedding" tab,
    there you could also add or remove files,

if you don't want to embed any files, just click thee "Remove All" button there,

but one note - not every file type can be embedded - embedding sound and videos files is not possible,

one note more - the tiles for multiresolution panoramas were not automatically added yet,
    but they could be added by manually adding them (e.g. via Add Folder),

when you click now "Generate Protected File" - a new swf file will be generated,
    this file will have the licenses embedded, and all files that were listed in the "Embedding" tab,

this file can now be used instead the normal krpano.swf,
    but note - don't overwrite the original krpano.swf in the tools folder!

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!