You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, January 12th 2010, 9:48am

dragging bug

Hi,

I have setup the panorama inside browser window that is not maximized (for example 600x400 - screen resolution is larger -1900x1200). When I drag the panorama inside browser window, everything is working OK. When mouse leaves browser window while still dragging, and release mouse button while still outside browser window, dragging remains locked and mouse movement rotates the panorama like still dragging.
The issue is reproducable in firefox and opera. IE seems to be ok.
flash version is 10.0.42.34

Tuesday, January 12th 2010, 1:47pm

Hi,

do you have a link to a example?
how was the flash to html embedding done? with the krpano scripts?

best regards,
Klaus

Tuesday, January 12th 2010, 7:18pm

Here: link

You don't have to resize browser. Just start draging, drag till out of panorama, release mouse button. drag will stay locked.

reproducable in firefox.

thanks

Tuesday, January 12th 2010, 7:41pm

Hi,

thats a wmode related flashplayer/browser bug...
the krpano viewer alone can't fix that (maybe it would be possible to fix that bug via javascript, but I can't say that for sure yet)

when you remove the - wmode: "transparent" - setting it will work,

best regards,
Klaus

Tuesday, January 12th 2010, 7:58pm

thank you for your swift response,
it works as you have said.

unfortunately that is not an option for me because I am overlaying images (HTML) over flash. There are workarounds, but too bad.

best regards,
mate

Tuesday, January 12th 2010, 8:02pm

well,
if there was an option to stop mouse rotation/drag, i could detect when mouse is on the edge of the flash block and send the command via js to krpano to stop dragging. that would be to send buttonup to krpano

[edit]
basically i can detect mouseup on the page via javascript. I just have to notify krpano to stop dragging

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "_matesko_" (Jan 12th 2010, 8:34pm)

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 1:41pm

Hi,
basically i can detect mouseup on the page via javascript. I just have to notify krpano to stop dragging
I will add an interface in one of the next release that allows to set the mouse event manually from external,

best regards,
Klaus

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 2:10pm

Thank you.

best regards
Mate

Friday, January 15th 2010, 4:33pm

I have solved the issue by creating simple plugin that explicitly sets view parameters (freezes rotation instantly) if the mouse is not over krpano - check and function call by javascript.
btw MOUSE_UP event did not solve the issue. Maybe I did not dispatch event in actionscript properly because this is my first contact with it.

javascript (jQuery):

Source code

$(document).mouseup(function(event)
  {
 	if (!$(event.target).is("#krpano")) document.getElementById("krpano").sendToKrpano();
  });

plugin code:

Source code

function mouseHappened():void 
{  
//	 dispatchEvent(new Event(MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP));
	 var hlookat:Number = Number(krpano.get('view.hlookat'));
	var vlookat:Number = Number(krpano.get('view.vlookat'));
	var fov:Number 	= Number(krpano.get('view.fov'));

krpano.call("lookto("+hlookat+","+vlookat+","+fov+");");
}

ExternalInterface.addCallback("sendToKrpano",mouseHappened);

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 6:48pm

I am having the same dragging bug in firefox with wmode transparent.

The workaround posted by _matesko_ works great when the control.mousetype = moveto but it does not seem to work if the control.mousetype = drag2d. I also tried temporarily changing the mousetype to moveto and then calling lookto but as soon as you switch the mousetype back to drag2d, it continues dragging the panorama.

Is there any other function that might stop the dragging? Or is my only option to wait for the next release (I am using 1.0.8 beta8)? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thursday, February 18th 2010, 7:24pm

Great easy fix _matesko_, just implemented it myself to fix the same bug, where we have HTML elements positioned over top of the panorama so it has to have wmode:transparent.

Cheers!

P.S. the site is at http://veilance.arcteryx.com

Tuesday, February 23rd 2010, 12:13am

The only minor issue with this, is that if you're using an autorotate, that also stops when you click on anything other than the panorama

Thursday, April 1st 2010, 10:47am

Hi,

just a short note:

in the next krpano release (1.0.8.10) the browser/flashplayer issues with wmode transparent/opaque and the
mousewheel and the mouse up outside the pano will be automatically fixed by new krpano.swf and the new
swfkrpano.js or swfkrpanomouseshweel.js (for swfobject 1.5 and 2.2) embedding scripts,

best regards,
Klaus