Change "alpha value" of a Hotspot from a flash plugin

• Hi Jarredja, *smile*

Vinyl is trying to make a button in flash and AS3 that calls the krpano action looktohotspot() with some value when MOUSE_OVER that button and with over value when MOUSE_OUT...
    The problem is that the call to the looktohotspot() does not work properly for some reason ... it makes a ping pong effect (calling the 2 actions instead of the one corresponding to the mouse state)

Have a look at the example that Vinyl gave ... you will understand... *wink*

I am thinking it can be a bug with the looktohotspot() and the as3 code as I explain above... because a call to trace() instead of looktohotspot() works correctly.

I hope KLAUS can enlight us a little.. *smile*

SAlut

• Hi,

Zitat

I am thinking it can be a bug with the looktohotspot() and the as3 code as I explain above... because a call to trace() instead of looktohotspot() works correctly.

In fact, the problem happens also with lookto() , zoomto() , moveto() actions...
    Using lookat() , the button works correctly...

It seems as the events MOUSE_OVER and MOUSE_OUT does not work properly while the pano is in movement... the same with events ROLL_OVER and ROLL_OUT.

KLAUS please *love* ...

SAlut.

• Could it just be executing the commands continuously? In other words, when the mouse is over the button, it is actually sending the onover signal over and over. It would explain the example, I think.

Perhaps add a delay and then a stopall or something to that effect.

Just a few ideas

However, if Michel is stuck, it must be a bug. He does wonders with krpano.

Sorry about not reading it right earlier. I didn't see the example until you pointed it out and I am still clueless on AS3. *g*

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Jarredja (21. Januar 2010 um 08:09)

• Hi,

It seems as the events MOUSE_OVER and MOUSE_OUT does not work properly while the pano is in movement... the same with events ROLL_OVER and ROLL_OUT.

KLAUS please *love* ...

right, during lookto/moveto/zoomto and wait, the mouse events of the complete flash stage are disabled,
    (stage.mouseChildren=false)

the main reason for that were the first krpano versions, where only one action after the other could performed,
    theoretical it would be already possible to disable that locking, but I'm not fully sure about the side-effects in this case...

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi !

First, i would like to thank everybody here for your help, especially Michel who worked really hard on this issue.

So, Michel, your code works very well !!

Code
    krpano.call("updatescreen()");

Also, Thank you Klaus for your answer

Zitat

theoretical it would be already possible to disable that locking

Can i disable that locking or you have to do it in krpano ?

Bye

ps : Thank you Michel for the links about AS3.
    Do you know that book "Pratique d'action script 3" :

It is written by an engineer at Adobe and it helps me a lot :

It is free for download and the last version of the book (updated for Flash 10) is available in bookstores.

http://pratiqueactionscript3.bytearray.org/

• Hi vinyl,

This thread was the occasion to introduce me in AS3 (il etait temps)... so thank you too.

Thanks for the Pratique d'action script 3 link *thumbup* . I will take a look on it... More to learn... the never ending story *g* ...

Merci, SAlut.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!