Virtual Gallery (template)

• Yes, Klaus wrote in another thread its totally possible with custom code.
    Only i dont have much time now for developing it.
    Check Brink traveler in Quest2 or the free Bigscreen app is also use snap turning if i remember correctly.
    So it's not a smooth rotating, which gives nausea in VR, instead a fixed value, say 30 or 45 degre..
    Instant turning or very quick (say 0.1-0.3sec)
    Oh, you can choose this method in Walkabout minigolf too!

• I haven't done anything in the 3D department yet so please allow me a rookie question:

Can I implement gigapixel panoramas as images in the gallery?

So can I take a template like this and put really large images onto the wall which are deep zoomable very far?

Thanks!

• Here is a modified version of depthmap_navigation.xml that will allow for fixed degree rotation. By default, it is off and has the same behaviour as the original depthmap_navigation.

To enable the fixed rotation, use these parameters (include this in your tour.xml):

Code
    <joystick fixed="true" degrees="30" />

I had to mess around with the degrees values a lot so not sure how they translate to your headset.

I'm not sure how to include this in my Virtual Gallery without breaking copyright.

• Wow, many thanks for your work!
    I tested, and fixed rotation work :)

Moving speed is not controller by joystick_move_speed instead the main deptmap navigation "speed.number", right?
    Is it normal?

Also, in many cases i like to use only one controller (the right), joy forward/backw = move (speed depend on the angle of joy), and joy left-right= fixed rotate.

I'm so excited :)

• I haven't done anything in the 3D department yet so please allow me a rookie question:

Can I implement gigapixel panoramas as images in the gallery?

So can I take a template like this and put really large images onto the wall which are deep zoomable very far?

Thanks!

I didnt answer because tbh, I have no idea. But I'm willing to test if you provide an image.
    I can have a look at the gigapixel one and a resized one to see the difference...

Or you can try yourself by downloading the templates *g*

• Is it possible to not just see regular 2D pictures in the gallery, but also load a full 360 photo?
    When i finished watching that i can click on hotspot to go back to the gallery model and continue walking to next 2D OR 360 picture :)

• As an experiment, I added this in these templates:

https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…&threadID=19148
    https://krpano.com/forum/wbb/inde…&threadID=19206

• pano support: if the image that is being clicked has a pano associated to it, the pano will be opened on click. Pano images should be in the /images/panos/ directory and have the same name as the image (image-1.jpg, image-2.jpg, ...). The pano must be in equirectangular format as krpano will try to load it as sphere.

So images in the gallery are like previews of the pano :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!