1.21 bug: js(...) stopped working

• Hi,

I have just tried updating my site to v1.21 only to find out that js() calls from xml no longer work.

js( console.log(1) ); does nothing
    js( "console.log(1)" ); as well

while jscall( console.log(1) ); works fine

*sad*

• Hi,

thanks, right!
    That will be fixed with the next release.

But generally I would recommend switching to using jscall(). Even with the fix, the js() action will be limited to calling only one Javascript function, where with jscall you can call any arbitrary code.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

thanks, right!
    That will be fixed with the next release.

But generally I would recommend switching to using jscall(). Even with the fix, the js() action will be limited to calling only one Javascript function, where with jscall you can call any arbitrary code.

Best regards,
    Klaus

Personally, I prefer to use js not jscall, although they can achieve the same function *g*

• Hi,

there is a new build (2023-02-09) where this is fixed now.

Personally, I prefer to use js not jscall, although they can achieve the same function *g*

No problem with that, the main difference between js() and jscall() is that js() can only call one Javascript-Function, where in jscall() you can use any kind of Javascript code.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!