Array is null after loadscene

• Hi all, I declare custom xml elements to manage the menu of my tours like the one below.

Code
    <scene_group name="name">
    		<scene name="scene_1" />
    		<scene name="scene_2" />
    		<scene name="scene_3" />
    		<scene name="scene_4" />
    		<scene name="scene_5" />
    		<scene name="scene_6" />
    		<scene name="scene_7" />
    	</scene_group>

I am able to loop through the content.

However the code above will only work before any "loadscene" calls, after loadscene it no longer works and when I try to do a check for the count its null

Code
    trace(*scene_group.count);

The debug code above when put before loadscene returns a number but after loadscene it returns null.

Trying to go through the docs and cant find an explanation. Can anyone enlighten me on what is happening?

• this works without problem also after scene changes
    maybe it is this ... get(scene_group[get(counter)].scene[get(scene_counter)].name)
    i would avoid nesting too many get() calls

also in general..
    - set(x, get(y)) is easier/better done by copy(x, y)
    - use local scopes! with global variables like "counter" in multiple functions you easily run into problems

• Thanks for the tip, will apply it in future code that I write. However my question is in general why is the object null after loadscene? See code below.

Code
    trace("group count is = ", *group.count); <!-- returns a number -->
    loadscene(get(scene[%1].name), null, MERGE|KEEPVIEW, OPENBLEND(0.5, 0.0, 0.75, 0.05, linear) );
    trace("group count is = ", *group.count);<!-- returns null -->

So I have many of these groups by the way

Is there a specific reason for this? Cant seem to find it in the documentation.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!