iPhone XR reboots when cubemapsize="4096" is used

• In Krpano1.21, 24 pano images of 17,000x35,000 resolution are used to create a VR tour using Depthmap,
    and 'cubemapsize="4096"' is used to use high-resolution images.

Code
    <image style="style_102" cubemapsize="4096">	
            <cube url="panos/102.tiles/%s/l%l/%0v/l%l_%s_%0v_%0h.jpg" multires="512,640,1280,2624,5248" />
    	<depthmap url="models/102.stl" enabled="true" rendermode="3dmodel" scale="100" subdiv="0" />
    </image>

There is a little delay on the PC, but it works well, and it works well on the iPad (M1),
    but the iPhone XR crashes and reboots, so delete all 'cubemapsize="4096"' and it works normally.
    (To be precise, the scene is loaded at first, but the phone reboots when the next scene is touched.)

I wonder if '4096' is not available on mobile and if there is a way to use higher resolution.

I hope that someday Multires will be used in Depthmap as well. *love* *g*

'cubemapsize="4096"' works great on Android mobile phone (add 20230314)

Edited 3 times, last by visu3465 (March 13, 2023 at 10:30 PM).

• Hi,

iPhones are often very limited in memory usage (depending on the model).
    When Safari exceed some internal limit, it automatically restarts itself.

But when it really 'crashes' and 'reboots' the device itself, then this is a case for Apple - no website should be technically able to make a phone crash!

As alternative maybe try using rendermode="depthmap", that should be more efficient (but less accurate).

Best regards,
    Klaus

• Klaus. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

When 'cubemapsize=4096', the iPhone X and iPhone XR really crashed and rebooted, and the iPhone SE2 did not reboot and only the APP was down. *cry* *cry* *cry*

If you delete 'cubemapsize=4096', the resolution will drop a little, but it works very well on all iPhones.

If you change it to 'rendermode="depthmap"', it works very well on iPhones, but there is a phenomenon that the resolution is lower than if you deleted 'cubemapsize=4096'.

So far, deleting 'cubemapsize=4096' does not reboot and shows the best results.

I'll see if I can try something different.

Thanks again for the answer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!