1.21 - krpanotools via droplet crahsing randomly - debug possible?

• Hi!

Using the krpanotools via my old droplets and .configs to generate tiles of large (120+ gigabyte) Flat-Multires-Panos.

When I drop the .PSB files to the droplet these variants happen randomly (using the same file!):

- either it does everything perfect without any problems (like 30% of the cases)
    - it crashes right after the firfst lines "krpano makepano tool - using config......" (30% of the cases)
    - it starts generating the preview image and crashes at 99%

I have to drop the file (not bound to the files, happens with diffrent files of this size) several times until it runs properly without crahsing at one of the two points.

Really annoying as with such big files even the preview image generation takes really long.

Is there anyway to debug this?

Thanks!

Edit: Now it also crashed right in the middle of the work (level 6 after already making like a 100.000 tiles)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von s-maier (12. März 2023 um 22:47)

• Hi,

not sure if this can cause this but are you 100% sure your PSB files have only 1 layer?
    .. because that is also problematic when not. (just to rule that out)
    Probably the SSD 'thing' is indeed the party crasher..
    How is your external ssd connected?

Tuur *thumbsup*

• Hi,

not sure if this can cause this but are you 100% sure your PSB files have only 1 layer?
    .. because that is also problematic when not. (just to rule that out)
    Probably the SSD 'thing' is indeed the party crasher..
    How is your external ssd connected?

Tuur *thumbsup*

Yep, the PSB is fine and always worked flawlessly that way.

I can now confirm that the file location is the problem. So if the file is saved on the system SSD, everything works.
    As soon as it is on the other SSD it crashes most of the times.

SSD is internally and connected via M.2 NVMe Gen 4.

• Hi,

hmm, so far I could only image two things here:
    - too few disk space and therefore the crash,
    - or a core system problem...

Best regards,
    Klaus

Diskspace on the system SSD should be sufficient as it runs there without any problems.
    The other SSD is a 2 TB SSD and has nothing else on it but the 125 GB PSB file.

Does the tools have any possibilty to get debug/error messages? It just stops working and the batch file throws the "press any key" message.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!