Option "vlookatoffset" and "fov" for "set3dtransition"

• Hi Klaus,

the action "set3dtransition" has an optional "hlookatoffset" option. It would be nice to also have such an option for the vertical axis. For some panos, we set the "vlookat" attribute of the "view" tag to capture the most important part of the image (e.g. looking upwards to see more of a building from the outside). When the user moves to the next scene (to the inside of the building), we need to correct the vlookat mostly to "0", but it might also need to be set to another specific value depending on the scene.

The same applies to the "fov" value: When the user zooms into a pano and then moves to the next scene, we want to reset the "fov" value of the new scene to a specific value under some circumstances.

Right now, we solve this using a tween starting halfway through the 3d transition. But this doesn't look very nice and sometimes results in a weird bouncing animation. It would be better to call "set3dtransition" with a "vlookatoffset" and a target "fov" that is applied to the new scene before the transition starts.

Thank you and kind regards,
    Christian

• Hi Klaus,

is this something you will consider for one of the next releases? Please let me know, if the description is unclear, so I can clarify.

Kind regards,
    Christian

• Hi Klaus,

an additional vlookatoffset option would still be very appreciated, since this is a situation that is unavoidable sometimes and it doesn't seem to be possible to reset the view in a visually appealing way with the built in methods.

Please let me know if there are any plans to improve this in a future version.

Kind regards,
    Christian

• klaus.krpano November 8, 2023 at 3:37 PM

Added the Label Feature Request

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!