krpanotools.exe doesn't recognize HEADING data when Ricoh Theta Z1 is used with a remote control button

• Ricoh Theta Z1 have an embedded compass but do not have an embedded GPS (it uses the phone GPS data).
    For this reason if you shot using a remote control button (instead of the app in the mobile phone) no GPS data are recorded in the EXIF but the heading from the internal compass is recorded in EXIF.

It seems that krpanotools.exe doesn't recognize the presence of the compass EXIF data if GPS EXIF data are missing.

If I process with krpanotools a pano shooted with the mobile phone app, I get all LAT LNG ALTITUDE HEADING data in scene element of tour.xml.
    If I process with krpanotools a pano shooted with the remote control button or the button on the camera (no mobile phone app) all the above data are missing in scene element of tour.xml (also the HEADING is missing but compass data is present in the EXIF)

Any suggestion?
    Thanks Marco

• At this link the panorama shot with remote control button (JPG format)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JLZ-81…iew?usp=sharing

When generating a makepano tour with config file set as below:
    parsegps=true
    prealignheading=true
    autolevel=prealign

the scene is produced with empty LAT LNG ALTITUDE HEADING but are properly set the:
    <view hlookat="182.64".../>
    <image prealign="-0.00|182.64|-0.00">

Thanks Marco

• Okay, I understand...

At the moment GPS is only marked as available in the krpano tools, when at least the lat/lng information are there.
    The altitude and heading are considered as optional extra...

And only altitude or heading alone don't trigger the GPS available state and so no GPS information is loaded and written.

I will add that as feature request for this. Processing only partial GPS data requires multiple adjustments from 'bottom-to-up'.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!