Problem of not loading obj format on iPhone

• Hello.

I started using obj in krpano 1.21.

When you run the obj file you took in krpano,

PC and Android phone correctly called scene with obj

However, there are constant problems with the iPhone.

If loading is not possible, the Internet Explorer will reboot continuously.
    (with chrome, with safari)

The url is below.

here

Does iPhone user load?

How can I solve this

ex) Should I reduce the size of the obj file?

best regard_:)

• is a very large model (too many triangles in the model) for fast loading. And about 90mb for the model is not very optimized to say the least.
    From here and on iPhones simply by timeout or by the size of the downloaded model.

P.S.
    1.6 million triangles for a crpano model is too much...)))

• As lastromatik already mentionned, the model is simply too big to be displayed within a web browser, especially on mobile where resources are limited. Also, 8K textures are pretty heavy.
    In general, I would look into reducing the texture size to 4K and maybe even 2K for mobile, and also reduce the number of triangles. How to do this will ofc depend on the software you use.

PS: i would also recommende Orbit Control Plugin to be able to navigate around the model a bit more fluent...

• Thank you.
    I think we need to load it by dividing it into mobile/no-mobile.

It's a new plug-in

I'm using the existing plug-in well.

Let's take a look at the plug-in you suggested!

• Hi,

the model size is large and reducing it would surely help in kind of load-speed,
    but for iOS devices the multiple 8192x8192 textures and the memory-need for 'hittest-model' might be the biggest problem.

E.g. 3 x 8192x8192 x 4 = 768 MB - that's the minimum memory-need for the textures.
    And in real the memory-need is probably much higher, the mipmap-levels and the memory needed for the internal decoding and transferring would also need to be included...

And iOS Safari is pretty restricted when it comes to memory-needs, when hitting a certain internal limit, Safari will kill and reload the tab.

That means the memory need should be reduced in first place.

Additionally to reducing the textures (at least to 4096x4096), this setting can also help with large 3D-models:

Code
    <depthmap ... hittestmode.mobile.and.no-mobilevr="gpu" />

This will enable the GPU-based hit-testing mode for mobile devices (but not for VR headsets).
    This mode needs way fewer memory and loads faster because no data-structure for the hit-testing need to be generated.

Best regards,
    Klaus

• This will enable the GPU-based hit-testing mode for mobile devices (but not for VR headsets).
    This mode needs way fewer memory and loads faster because no data-structure for the hit-testing need to be generated.

Maybe it should be prescribed by default?) So that it automatically behaved like that. *cool*

• Maybe it should be prescribed by default?) So that it automatically behaved like that.

The CPU-mode is generally the much better and recommend one, it's faster and more accurate.

Please see some details here:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#depthmap.hittestmode

With GPU-mode and several raycast requests per frame, there can be a very noticeable framerate reduction.

So it's more like a last-help on extreme or special cases.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!