Kprotect, basic help getting started

• I'm trying to get an understanding of KProtect, have looked at the list of features and have been trying to use it, but I can't get the protected output swf to load the cube faces when it's on my server, it works locally.

I'm getting load errors on the server if the cubes are embedded or not.

I've turned off all protection except embedded XML and Limit Domains. If I try to run the swf directly on my server the swf loads and displays my initial splash screen and text as it should but the error window opens and shows

"ERROR: download of "panox_x.jpg" failed" for all cube faces.

In the embedding tab I'm also getting a red file listing for some reason of unknown type, it says it's skipped, but I have no idea why its' trying to load " ../my_project_directory%2 "anyway?

I think this might be the cause of my issues, but I have no idea how or if I can solve it, perhaps a bug in kprotect? the xml I'm using is based on the sample from Klaus in this thread.

Panoramas into different layers...

I'm using kprotect 1.0.8 beta 9 (build 2010-02-15)

Help!

Edited once, last by image360 (February 17, 2010 at 1:26 AM).

• Hi,

it's probably a problem of the paths/names of the embedded files,
    it would be the best not use to use any relative paths and when using for
    dynamic generated paths - these files must be added and probably also named
    manually to allow krpano finding them when embedded,

could you show the xml or the example?
    then it should be possible to say more detailed whats to change or whats the problem,

best regards,
    Klaus

• There are no relative paths in the xml at all, at least not added by me. all links or paths assume the file is in the current directory so no additional path is used.

However, I am using the source from this link as is, at least for the cube loading, blending, etc.

Panoramas into different layers...

I guess the replaceable parameters are using relative paths?

More homework for me to do I guess.

Thanks and thanks again, your support is the best!

Regards,

Robert

• Hi Klaus, thanks again for your support ! I feel like such an idiot - my simple error all along, mixed capital and lowercase, my local machine is not case sensitive, UNIX server is - ugh!

Sorry for my confusion, All better now.

Regards,

Robert

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!