• Krpano has a awesome tooltip function (showtext). This works perfectly with hotspots and plugins.

I however want to call upon this function within my flash plugin. I have several items in 1 flash plugin that needs a tooltip. Normally I use a tooltip Class. But I was wondering, since krpano already has it (this saves code + the tooltip style is consistent) How can I call upon a showtext function within my flash file. Using krpano.call("showtext(text, textstyle)"); + a MOUSE_OVER Event works only half. It calls the tooltip, but then instantly vanishes instead of hovering near my mouse.

• No the timer is correct, I use it for all my tooltips.
    xml:

as3:

• Hi Zephir,

No the timer is correct, I use it for all my tooltips.

I suppose you use it, calling a showtext() action on an onhover attribute inside your plugins or hotspots...
    Try to use onover instead of onhover to see what's happens... the showtext() instantly vanishes after 0.1 seconds (the default value for showtime... that's why I asked about increase this value)....
    That's because onover calls the action 1 time instead of onhover that calls the action in intervals...

• onover
      action that will be called when mouse comes overs the plugin/image
    • onhover
      action that will called in intervals when mouse stays/hovers over the plugin/image

Because it seems that MOUSE_HOVER Event does not exist in AS3, I suppose you have to simulate an onhover event to be abble to call the krpanoCall("tooltip(1)"); action in intervals while an MOUSE_OUT does not happens *smile* ... But I have no knowledge how to do that *sad* ...

SAlut.

• Ok cool :) I went for another approach by using my tooltip class and getting variables for the styling from krpano

then on the button:

This ofcourse isnt the full code, but gives a rough idea. I don't really like timers, unless there is no other way. Heavy usage leads to system slowdown.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!