• Hi all, I have a question from my photographer;

Q: Is there any way to maximise image quality of a KR pano 360° spherical pano movie to match the Pano as viewed in photoshop?

I am currently creating 360° panos with an 8mm using Canon mkII1ds. 4 images are captured as raw and processed in Capture one 4 pro. Tiff files are then stitched with PTGui pro.

This ends up as a 6394 x 3182 px file at 300ppi File size =57.9 mb.( Looks great as a inkjet print at 53 x 26cm)

In photoshop the images are crisp and colours are rich and just as I want them- however when published in KR pano the image resolution is degraded and colours are flattened slightly. Can anyone help with any suggestions to my dilemma?

Thanks

• Hi,

about colors - try using sRGB,

and about sharpness:
    - what krpano version (1.0.7 or 1.0.8)
    - what kind of panoramic image (spherical, cubical)
    (and if cubical - how/with which tool have you converted it?)
    - what jpeg settings (jpegquality, jpegsubsamp)

are you using?

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi Klaus

We are using spherical panoramic image.

Cheers.

• designsubway, if you are using professional camera and printing I guess you are working in wider color profile than sRGB. In my workflow I export tiff files from Lightroom in Adobe RGB profile, stiching them in PTGUI and convert final stiched images into sRGB (in Photoshop Edit->Convert to Profile...). This helps to preserve colors in panorama and web browsers that don't support color profiles.

Sorry, Klaus *huh* didn't see your post about colors.

Edited once, last by firefoxer (March 2, 2010 at 10:10 AM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!