Zoom in lower resolution

• I am building a new virtual and uploading files that are 3000 x 3000 pixels. The zoom in and out doesn't work but if I upload 6,000 x 6,000 pixels the zoom in and out work. Is there a way to make the lower resolution zoom? The catch seems to be the lower res looks good and loads quicker so I would rather stick with the lower res but have the zoom work. Is there a way around this?

• Try changing maxpixelzoom to a higher number. It should allow you to zoom further but will become distorted the further you zoom in. I personally like maxpixelzoom="2.5" as a maximum range since it still shows some detail but begins to degrade the image a bit.

• Where would I find the megapixelzoom? Will this allow me to use the zoom in and zoom out at low resolution which I consider to be 3,000 x 3,000 pixels? Thanks.

• Where would I find the megapixelzoom?

Hi,

in the xml,
    it's a setting of the <view> node in the xml,
    e.g.

Code
    <view ... maxpixelzoom="5.0" ... />

or as variable for dynamic chaning - "view.maxpixelzoom",

when set it's overwrites the "fovmin" setting,
    and limits the zooming depending on the real pixelsize of the (pano-) image,
    e.g. maxpixelzoom="1.0" means only zooming to a 1.0x scale (=100% view) of the original pixel size is possible,
    and with maxpixelzoom="5.0" you could zoom up zo 5.0x scale of the original size,

best regards,
    Klaus

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!