You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to krpano.com Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 11:20am

streaming

hello,
apologies I cross posted this to panotoolsNG.
Anybody know anything about streaming ? any pointers ?
I'd like to have lengthy flash animation in the panos but even small ones
take a while to load.
There is a streaming directory on my hosting space apparently but I
haven't read up on it yet.

cheers

mick
http://mickiwiki.com

VN2009

Professional

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 7:09pm

streaming is dependant on mainly the upload spped of your isp. just because they offer unlimited bandwidth if that is the case how fast is the unlimited bandwidth? if i have a 10mb internet connection but you can only upload to the internet at 1mb you see the problem. i use video in some of my tours and they load pretty fast but i work at an ISP so my upload is really really fast.

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 7:24pm

you mean you are serving stuff via your isp. I can see that would be slow. with dreamhost there was a buttom "add streaming" so I clicked it and now there is a directory in my space called "streaming.mickiwiki.com". I'll have to read up. I imagined "streaming" was showing stuff straight away rather than waiting for it to download. Why do you have to upload it in real time ? can't it sit on their server ? I streamed audio over my local network with icecast a few years ago but I didn't really understand how it worked. How do you go about streaming video in your panoramas ?

cheers
mick

VN2009

Professional

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 8:43pm

streaming means it is not download before it starts soon as there is a buffer it will start playing. but the source file is still hosted from where ever your website sits hosted and is still limited by the upload speed you are capable pushing things into the internet with. I have a 10mb download speed at home but my upload speed is only 1mb. At the office I can download at over 50mb and upload at over 25mb. So hosting the same video file streaming from my house would be alot slower than at work. no ISP or webhosting company will give you the same upload speed as download.

I Googled Dreamhost upload speed. see attached image. First one says why dreamhost sucks, last one stated they may cap thier upload. I didnt read any of it but it may prove that Dreamhost is not fast enought to stream.
VN2009 has attached the following image:
  • Capture.gif

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 10:40pm

yes it's clear you get the hosting you pay for. but to get back to the question. what needs to be done to get the viewer to see the video playing in a panorama as the data is downloading ?
cheers

mick

VN2009

Professional

Saturday, March 20th 2010, 11:24pm

i misunderstood your question. here is what i use to play video in krpano. i choose to create the video plugin as it is requested. this code would be for an icon that is clicked and a video will pop with the onclick action.

<action name="videoon">

addplugin(avideo);
set(plugin[avideo].align,center);
set(plugin[avideo].edge,%5);
set(plugin[avideo].loop,false);
set(plugin[avideo].zorder,25);
set(plugin[avideo].videourl,%1);
set(plugin[avideo].url,%SWFPATH%/plugins/videoplayer.swf);
set(plugin[avideo].width,%2); set(plugin[avideo].height,%3);
set(plugin[avideo].rotate,%4);
set(plugin[avideo].onclick,togglepause());

set(plugin[avideo].onhover,if(ispaused, showtext(click to play), showtext(click to pause)));

</action>

<plugin name="video1"
url="video/artist1.jpg"

keep="true"
visible="true" enabled="true" handcursor="true"
zorder="25"
alpha="1.00" blendmode="normal" rotate="270"
smoothing="true"
origin="center" edge="center" x="80" y="-55" height="350" width="225"
scale=".40"
onloaded=""
parent="videob"
onhover="showtext(View Willie West on stage)"
ondown=""
onup=""
onclick="stopallsounds(); action(videoon,video/artist1.flv,300,400,270,left);"
/>

Sunday, March 21st 2010, 2:18pm

thanks for that. I have quite a bit I don't understand. *blink*
Is the "streaming" property in the videoplayer.swf *question*
what is the most successful format for the video ? can the video match the panorama in quality *question*
Is it ok and how is it possible to start the download before it is requested *question*

cheers

mick

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 11:17am

Hi Michael,

this video is 20 mb as an .flv

it's in the third room.

http://www.virtualtuur.com/DSB

i was realy suppriced that it worked so well for this big file size...

may be it helps for you as an check.. or reference??

Cheers

Tuur
*thumbsup*

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 1:48pm

hi Tuur,
thanks for that. that does work well.
Did you try to take it off a screen and match some action really in the panorama ?
cheers

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "michael crane" (Mar 22nd 2010, 2:40pm)

Tuur

Sage

Occupation: Krpano custom coding / Virtual Tours / Photography / Musician / Recording engineer

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 2:19pm

Hi,

not yet... looking for some time to experiment with that aswell..

Tuur *thumbsup*

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 8:59pm

That is all contained in one of those newfangled flash files ?

mick