KProtect - how to start?

• Hi!

I was building my first krpano virtual tour while testing capabilities of krpano before decided to buy a licence. Now I have a problem that seems to be impossible to solve for me :(

My directory structure:

index.html
    |
    |--> panorama (panorama images)
    |--> pic
    | |--> hotspots (hotspot images)
    | |--> navigation (navigation images)
    |
    |--> player (swf-plugin files - krpano.swf, textfield.swf, etc.)
    |--> xml (xml files for virtual tour panoramas)

from index.html I call one of the xml files where all the paths are defined relatively to the index.html . Could anyone give me a hint how to protect the xml files from being changed, when I give/sell the tour to the 3rd party or how to protect whole tour from being changed respectively? I found out the issue was in the paths definitions (path errors) but was not sure where the solution lies. Have I chosen a complicated directory structure? What to change to make it easier (or even possible) to protect these files?

Thanks a lot in advance

Best regards.
    MS

• Hi,

an easy solution could be that:

1. create domain locked swf file with a embedded license with the kprotect and use it instead the normal krpano.swf
    2. encrypt the external xml files with the kprotect tool (Encryption Tool tab)

then you can keep your folder structure and don't need to embed anything,

best regards,
    Klaus

• Hi,

When you embed your main xml into the swf protected file, your work is protected, cool.
    But what about the special xml, done for the i-phone.? I've encrypted a xml, then you can't read it when opening in an editor, but my pano doesn't work on-line. Error message.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks. *smile*

Steph.

Steph

Edited once, last by esys (February 27, 2011 at 3:59 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!