360 with 3d layers

• Im wondering it is possible in soon future (or maybe now it is possible?) to make 360 pano with some 3d layers? i mean for example we stich 360 picture with a car in the front of camera then we cut the car and add picture without a car "under this photo with a car" and add the car as a "closer layer" and when we zoom in we see the car then wee see what is behind the car :) you know what i mean?

if not check this 2d into 3d in AE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8RRxwgmpBw

thx

• I would think that it was possible. You'd break it down to the base pano as the background and then one or more images on top as either plugins or hotspots.

Not sure how to make things work smoothly with just mouse controls... but if you were using some navigation buttons then you could control the zoom, pan, scale, etc... via the onclick and some tweens.

At least in theory : )

Need to find some image samples to play with.

• I made an attempt to try this with using two different color multires panos placed in the same folder so that images were shared easily. I then took the image code from layer 2 of xml# 2 and replaced level two in xml #1 (the demo xml) with the copied code.

<image type="CUBE" multires="true" tilesize="796">
    <level tiledimagewidth="1592" tiledimageheight="1592">
    <left url="blue.tiles/l2_l_%0v_%0h.jpg" />
    <front url="blue.tiles/l2_f_%0v_%0h.jpg" />
    <right url="blue.tiles/l2_r_%0v_%0h.jpg" />
    <back url="blue.tiles/l2_b_%0v_%0h.jpg" />
    <up url="blue.tiles/l2_u_%0v_%0h.jpg" />
    <down url="blue.tiles/l2_d_%0v_%0h.jpg" />
    </level>
    <level tiledimagewidth="796" tiledimageheight="796">
    <left url="red.tiles/l1_l_%0v_%0h.jpg" />
    <front url="red.tiles/l1_f_%0v_%0h.jpg" />
    <right url="red.tiles/l1_r_%0v_%0h.jpg" />
    <back url="red.tiles/l1_b_%0v_%0h.jpg" />
    <up url="red.tiles/l1_u_%0v_%0h.jpg" />
    <down url="red.tiles/l1_d_%0v_%0h.jpg" />
    </level>
    </image>

Notice one level is red and the other is blue. I used 5000X2500 images for the test. This was a very basic test. Only two colors (guess which ones) *unsure*
    On initial zoom, the colors kind of merged in a pattern, then after the initial zoom and the images were stored in memory, they changed very quickly. The only other issue was I had to set fov very high just to see level one. Apparently what I have been using has always only shown level 2. I don't allow for zoom out enough for level one files. However, this test was done on an 11.6" screen netbook so perhaps on a bigger screen level one would show up. I assume if you adjust the levels, you could do what you are asking if you don't mind the small initial hickup when the two levels change.

This is just an idea to meet your request.

Edit: After seeing Tuur's example, I realize my idea does not match what you are looking for. I was thinking you just wanted to zoom further and eliminate an object from the pano as you zoomed.

Edited 2 times, last by Jarredja (March 29, 2010 at 6:54 AM).

• that link does not work for me at all. all i get is a white screen. i been thinking about this concept though. even though there is no way to over come the moving of the parralax point could we not simulate depth of field by using say 2 hot spots plus the background. have the hotspots float in front of the background and differnet scales so they seem to be 'in' the scene. then when rotating have the hotspot closest to the user rotate at 2x speed. the middle one at 1.5x and the background at normal speeds. then when turning it would seem the objects closer to the screen would move faster and make it seem like 3d? or is my thought process wrong?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!