Newbie - First Hotspot

• I am a newbie and I am trying to create a virtual tour of my house.
    I want the main pano to show my living room and then have hotspots
    to the kitchen, bathroom and dining room.

I am not a programmer and not that familiar with html and xml. But I am willing to learn
    if I can get some help.

I have looked at the examples for hotspots but I just don't get it.
    I have also checked out the editor but I still don't see how to get the xml with
    my example.

Does anyone have a list of the steps that I would need to complete the task described above?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

• Hi Joe,

I'm also a newbie, but I will try to help you! I like the combobox plugin as it allows you to navigate thru your pano with either hot spots or a dropdown menue.
    First basics for HTML and XHTML: a tag <> has to be closed every time, either e.g. <krpano version="1.0.8"></krpano> or with the slash in the initial tag, e.g.

I had for my virtual tour Göschenen the following workflow:

• 1) Creating each pano with the droplet "MAKE PANO (SINGLE-SWF-MULTIRES) droplet.app" (on a Mac, if you are using Windows, use the same Programm in the Windows enviroment)
    • 2) Open the XML file of the first created Pano and the XML file out of the examples folder "krpano-1.0.8-beta9-2010-03-07/examples/scenes-with-combobox"
    • 3) adjust your xml file with the lines from the scenes-with-combobox.xml:
    1. replace the initial tag with <krpano version="1.0.8" onstart="action(start)">
    2. add the action and plugin tags:
    3. add the scene tag by the start of your pano just before the view tag
    4. close the scene above the </krpano> tag with </scene>
    5. copy the part between the <view> tag and the </image> tag of yor seccond panorama in the same way as above descibd into your first pano-xml, but of course replace the name of the scene with the new one to avoid problems, each scene needs her own name!
    6. add the hotspot's as described in the editor plugin to your panorama, see here the code of a hotspot out of my above mentioned example:
      Code
      <hotspot name="spot2" url="panorama.gif" ath=" 94.6844" atv="  0.3681" scale="0.6" zoom="true"
      		     	alpha="0.3"
      		     	onover="tween(alpha,1);tween(scale,1);"
      		     	onout="tween(alpha,0.3);tween(scale,0.6);"
      		     	onclick="looktohotspot(spot2); loadscene(scene3, null, MERGE, BLEND(1));"
      		     	/>

• 4) go ahed and try to adjust your XML following the rules described in scenes-with-combobox.xml

CU

Christoph

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!