Presentation Question

• First off this forum is awesome!!! I have learned so much in reading all of the helpful posts.

My question is about how the viewer is presented on a web page. Mind you I am not a programmer(learning more & more everyday) but I am trying. I have seen a few of the other members examples that on the main page they have a list of thumbnails of their panos. Then when a thumbnail is selected it brings up an smaller window that is overlayed on top of the main page. The pano is then displayed in this window. The other cool thing is that if full screen is selected from the smaller window the pano will then go full screen. This is what I would like and try to accomplish but as usual I don't have a clue. Is this a 3rd party product that I have to purchase to accomplish this?

One other question about format. What are the main differences when displaying a pano in qtvr or using the multires tool? Is one better than the other? Size/quality/distortion. I am trying to put together a vr of a house for sale and I'm not sure what format is better for doing this.

As usual any help on these question is greatly appreciated.

Joe

a thumbnail is selected it brings up an smaller window that is overlayed on top of the main page

Sounds like you are describing a "lightbox" embed. Depending upon your site structure and your knowledge there are several different ways to implement this. i.e. on a Joomla based site, RokBox looks to work well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!