• Hi All,\
    I'm new to KRpano so I'm wondering if you can help?

I am used to working with Pano2VR which one can customize skins etc easily without any html/coding knowledge.

In KRpano, how can I make a customized skin? Is it easy? Does anyone know who does that kind of thing?

I want to be able to do 3 things, Auto pan, go fullscreen and have a help button with instructions of viewers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys,
    iFoto

• Hi,

in krpano images/buttons were included in the xml via the <plugin> tag,
    see here:
    https://krpano.com/docu/xml/#plugin

e.g. here some very simple examples (without fading, switching graphics and so),

to make a button that switches autorotation:

Code
    <plugin name"autorotatebutton"
            url="autorotatebuttonimage.png"
            align="bottom" x="0" y="10"
            onclick="switch(autorotate.enabled);"
            />

a button that switches fullscreen:

Code
    <plugin name"fullscreenbutton"
            url="fullscreenbuttonimage.png"
            align="bottomright" x="10" y="10"
            onclick="switch(fullscreen);"
            />

and a help image and a button that toogles it:

best regards,
    Klaus

• That still means very little little to me. Where do I add the source code? I'm not a coder so it's a foreign language to me!
    I can't find any tutorials or instructions for customising krpano software so a little help would be helpful. I don't even know where to start. I don't want to use the standard buttons.

Bulb... I just don't understand what you mean.

• Hi,

Where do I add the source code?

when you look at the examples in the viewer download package (e.g. the "examples/buttons/" one),
    then there you have some .xml files,

the first one (the buttons.xml) was loaded in the "buttons.html" (swf.addVariable("xml", "buttons.xml");),
    the others (the "buttons-png-include.xml") was loaded in the "buttons.xml" (<include url="buttons-png-include.xml" />),
    and there, there is the xml code for the buttons in this example,

best regards,
    Klaus

• howdy -

i cooked that all up "myself", which means i basically just took one of the examples from the download and made new graphics (search google for free icons or use photoshop), tweaked the code a bit to position everything correctly, and voila -

best way to figure this stuff out is to play with the example code, look through the examples & study the contents of the krpano download examples folder, find the part you like, look at the xml, add it to your your own file, read all the docs, read through the forums, etc - if you keep staring at this stuff for long enough and read the code over and over it all eventually begins to make sense...

sam

• Thanks Sam!

I figured as much and I already have a pretty good idea on how to approach it after looking at more samples and reading up on the xml coding.

By the way, it was thru your website that I discovered krpano. Your images are outstanding and I really like how you configured them.

Cheers,
    Bill

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!