Configuring Krpano Tool Doplets

• I am using the ""MAKE PANO (NORMAL) droplet". When I drop a spherical image of 6842x3421, it is creating cubes of 2178x2178. It seems to me that the cube sizes are large in comparison to the sphrere image.

I opened both the sphere and one of the cube faces at 100% crop. I notice that an object near the center of the sphere at 100% crop is about 1/3 smaller than the corresponding object in the cube face at 100% crop. This means that the cube face images are getting stretched and maybe getting degraded in quality in the process.

My questions are:

1. How does KRP Tools figure out the size of the cube faces?
    2. Is there a way to override default cube face sizes?
    3. Is there a documentation that describes parameter settings in the droplet's *.config files?
    4. I like to make the preview panorama a little larger. Can this be done from the config files?

Thanks in advance ...

Edited 2 times, last by fl360 (April 29, 2010 at 6:17 AM).

• Hi,

How does KRP Tools figure out the size of the cube faces?

is uses this formula: cubewidth = spherewidth / PI,
    this formula keeps all pixel informations, but image will be 'stretched' at the edges of course,
    imagine a cube around a sphere,

Is there a way to override default cube face sizes?

yes, see the maxsize and maxcubesize settings in the kmakemultires.config,
    e.g. for the normal and singleswf droplets it's set to 2200

Is there a documentation that describes parameter settings in the droplet's *.config files?

yes, in the kmakemultires.config itself,

or here: (but outdated at the moment)
    https://krpano.com/tools/kmakemultires/#config

I like to make the preview panorama a little larger. Can this be done from the config files?Thanks in advance ...

in the kmakemultires tools (or the droplets) the preview size is not changeable at the moment,
    but when using the kmakepreview tool directly it is possible to set the size (via the -size= parameter),

best regards,
    Klaus

is uses this formula: cubewidth = spherewidth / PI,

this formula keeps all pixel informations, but image will be 'stretched' at the edges of course,

imagine a cube around a sphere,

Klaus - Just thinking out loud here. To calculate the size of a cube face, wouldn't it be better to make the number of pixels in the sphere equal to the sum of all pixels in the cube faces. For example if the sphere is (W x H) & H=W/2 then:
    Cube face size= SQRT(W x W / 2 /6) = W / 3.464.

This will create a smaller cube face than using PI and guarantees that the number of pixels in the cubes is equal to the number of pixels in the original sphere. This may avoid the stretching of the cube faces that I have observed.

in the kmakemultires tools (or the droplets) the preview size is not changeable at the moment,

but when using the kmakepreview tool directly it is possible to set the size (via the -size= parameter),

Does the kmakemultires internally call kmakepreview so that if I change the -size= parameter in kmakepreview will create larger preview when calling kmakemultires?

My goal is to create a single custom droplet batch file for my work flow. I have already figured out how to put my custom navigations, logo, & skin. All is left to do is figure how increase the size of the preview.

How about if I call kmakemultires tool from my droplet without preview, and then make a separate call to kmakepreview tool? Would this work?

Edited once, last by fl360 (April 30, 2010 at 5:45 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!